Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottieLee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
    Staining wood troubleshooting?
    I recently pulled up the carpet in my bedroom and there was beautiful pine underneath in very good condition. I sanded it well (40 grit 100 grit then 220) and then stained the wood a dark mahogany to match the burgundy paint theme throughout the house. I screwed up majorly by painting on the stain like it was paint. UGH! It turned out to be almost black! So I tried re-sanding with an orbital sander I rented from the local hardware store and since the wood is warped the sander only took off the raised edges of the wood planks. I have used the orbital drum sander (with 36grit and 100grit) and a palm sander but I think the stain has soaked into the wood too deep. What should I do? Just paint it? Try staining and putting more stain around the edges that are lighter? Please help?! :(

Check out some similar questions!

Staining Wood cabinets [ 7 Answers ]

How do I remove the existing paint/finish from bathroom wood cabinets?

Refinishing and staining wood furniture [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to refinish a wood side table. I once tried that environmentalorange stuff and I really thought it was a pain. It was very messy. Also the table has some scratches. I am unsure of the type of wood of this table. I would appreciate any input from someone with experience.

Wood Staining [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had a headboard stained and after the topcoat dried it was very sticky to the touch. The same products were used earlier on other furniture with not problem. What causes this? How can I get rid of the sticky residue?

Cherry Wood-Prep and staining [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 60 year old Willet cherry wood dresser. I can sand most of it down to the bare wood. Before I apply a gel stain, do I need to prep the wood any? Also after 60 years, will this wood age and get darker like most cherry wood does? Thanks Jim

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.