Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonJulito Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 06:32 AM
    Noise with hot water pipes for 1 min after start. No noise after that.
    When opening hot water in shower, there will be noise in the pipes after 30 seconds. Will last about 1 minute and then stop. About 10 minutes after the shower, there will be a couple of bang and none after that.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Do you have a gas hot water heater? Back to you, Tom

Oct 28, 2011, 08:42 PM
    Hot water heater Tom.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 29, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Please answer the question. Tom

Oct 29, 2011, 09:54 PM
    I do have an electric hot water heater.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 31, 2011, 07:37 AM
    Please describe the noise. Banging? Squeal? What? Back to you, Tom

Oct 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
    About 30 seconds after running the hot water there will be slight banging sound. Like clank and a few more clanks. This will last for about 30 to 40 seconds and then stop.
    About 10 or so minutes after shutting down the hot water, there will be a couple of more clanks. Very quite after that.

Nov 14, 2011, 07:18 AM
    I have an electric hot water heater system. Is there anything else you need?

Nov 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
    I have an electric hot water system. Is there anything else you need to know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water and awful noise from pipes [ 0 Answers ]

We are finishing a full bathroom remodel. We installed the tub and turned the faucet on to test the drain. When the handle is fully turned (shower/tub combo), the pipes begin to vibrate. Along with that, there is no hot water. We haven't messed with any other pipes than these. What is going on?

Shower pipes make loud vibrating/humming noise with hot water turned on [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I had my basement renovated recently (this year) and now have a problem with the shower pipes making loud noises. When I turn on the hot water in the shower and let it run for approx 20-30 seconds, a loud noise emerges (reflects a fog horn). I can feel the vibration of the pipes. ...

Banging noise in hot water pipes - water running or not [ 2 Answers ]

What could cause banging noise in hot water pipe lines whether the water is running or not? The noise happens when the hot water is turned ON wherever in a two level house. The banging noise also happens when NO faucet is running. We have installed an expansion tank above the gas water...

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

View more questions Search