Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzhawk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 04:35 PM
    What is a class 6 felony in virginia?
    My son just got convicted of a class 6 felony for possession of a cell phone while serving time for a misdermeanor... he took a plea of guilty because his court apppointed lawyer suggested that he not continue the case (we were trying to retain a lawyer). Part of the plea, states that he cannot seek espungment because he pled guilty... Is that legal? Also, how hard will it be for him to get a job with that type of felony on his record?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 04:42 PM
    I will be honest I don't know what a new attorney will do. He plead guilty, he had an attorney. I doubt because he plead guilty he could even appeal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is most likely to happen for a class 6 felony in virginia? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm facing a class 4 felony along with a class 6 felony for the same incident, my lawyer says the class 4 will be dropped an I'm going to plead guilty to the class 6. I'm only 18 and my record has nothing but a disorderly conduct misdemeanor on it. Any chance of a reduced charge so I don't have to...

Class II misdemeanor in Virginia [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Class II misdemeanor in Virginia, for refusal to submit to testing.The DUI charges against me were dismissed.Am I eligible to get the DUI and The Class II misdemeanor charges expunged.This happened in 2009

What is a class 6 felony in virginia [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 21 and from New York. His friend and him came up with a scam to go on a shopping spree in Virginia with non existing people's credit cards. He was offered a plea bargain to accept 3 felonies two for possession and one for fraud. This is the same offer that was offered from the beginning...

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

View more questions Search