Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhamidm Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2004, 02:27 AM
    OUT look express files
    Hi
    I am using windows 2000 service pack 4 as operating system.I am using outlook express 6 for acessing hotmails.
    Can ny one let me know where all my inbox,outbox,or sent itms stored so that I can take a backup on someother media. I searched for PST files but could not get any in my hard disk.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 23, 2004, 06:22 AM
    Outlook (Express) uses a file system that compresses all messages in the Inbox, the Outbox,. each into a single file with an extension .dbx.
    Use the "search" function to locate them, the path depends on your installation.
    Click on START, SEARCH, FILES OR FOLDERS, fill in .DBX or *.DBX, click on SEARCH NOW or press enter.
    debradebs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2004, 04:17 PM
    Outlook express
    Hi
    I did as you suggested as I am having the same problems and then I am not sure what to do next
    HELP
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2004, 11:32 AM
    do you mean that you did not find these files?
    Ensure that "show hidden files" is enabled under Windows Explorer:
    Tools->Folder Options->Views->Show Hidden Files and Folders

FYI, the DBX files that Outlook Express uses are located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Identities\GUID Identifier (random string like 3B0FA092-2222-1111-A1B2... )\Microsoft\Outlook Express.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2004, 05:58 AM
    Copy Outlook Express Files
    Hi,
    When you find windows/application data/identities,
    Left click on the + signs to the left of the folders, until you get to OutLook Express folder.
    Left click on the folder, and you will see, on the right hand side, files such as Inbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx, and any other folder names you have made in Outlook Express.
    Copy or burn these files to a CD-R/RW.
    Now, if you want to re-copy these files back to your computer, then copy them back to the same folder.
    Then, right click on the files (highlight them first), then left click on Properties. Then, remove the checkmark by "Read Only", click on Apply, then OK.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2005, 11:22 PM
    Help
    Look for a program that is called Xmedia email backup,

It will backup all of the major email programs easily and then restore the files at anytime.
    :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring my Outlook Express Files [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I should have looked and placed this post under the right topic. Anyway I had to format my hard drive and before I did that I saved all of my emails using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP Home Edition. The Wizard created a folder called USMT2.unc with two files in it....

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

PCI Express [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nVidia GeForce 6800 (128 MB ) AGP 8x . Will this card work on a M/Board with PCI Express 16x ? Can Anybody please tell me.

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search