Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggeraci Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 11:11 AM
    I have a 1yr old french bulldog he was eating out of his dish fine,
    I have a 1yr old french bulldog. A show dog at that, he went to a show one weekend and from then on suddenly has refused to eat out his bowl,or any kind of dish, paper towel, or off the floor I have tried everything he will eat the same food out of your hand,I don't want to see him lose weight, but how do I get him to return to eating out of his bowl. What can I do? Please help.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
    I had that problem with one of mine, he just one day decided not to eat out of a bowl anymore.

I ended up feeding him on a plate and spreading the food out as much as possible.

I would continue hand feeding for now so he keeps the weight on but when you do make sure the bowl is right under your hand, then gradually start putting just one piece of food at a time in the bowl, let him eat it then put another piece in.
    Eventually he will be eatng out of the bowl again.

Do you know why the sudden refusal? It's not possible he has picked up a stomach bug at the show and is not feeling well? Nothing scary happened with his water bowl?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My french bulldog throws up phlegm every morning [ 9 Answers ]

My french bulldog throws up phlegm every morning

My dog is hiding under my bed is she depressed. She is eating fine? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shih tzu yorkie mix and she is 5lbs. She is eating fine and her bowel movements are normal. She likes to be held or on my bed. Lately she has been mopey and seems depressed. She will hide under my bed or scratch the side of my bed at night until I pick her up. She does have a weak...

Fantail goldfish not eating and floating, other one fine [ 1 Answers ]

I got 2 Fantails a year ago, one has grown and is OK, however the other one hasn't grown much and doesn't seem to eat much, it also floats to the top as if its sleeping, its been like that for 6months. At night they both act normal but just during the day it doesn't swim much. They have a big...

My new french bulldog puppy suddenly doesn't want to eat [ 0 Answers ]

Past 4 days he eating well.Only yesterday he don't want to eat.But I still manage to give him some milk.he having worms in stool & he look weak.his stool was normal yesterday.Can we deworm him while he is not active? Tq

French butter dish [ 2 Answers ]

I have a French butter dish. Last week I had a problem with it. The butter fell into the water. I washed it, air dried it thoroughly and refilled it with butter and water. The next day the butter had fallen into the water again. I am mystified. Please help me.

View more questions Search