Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fit4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Corpal tunnel/legalities
    I have a slight case of the condition, carpal tunnel. I have been in a profession that requires me to type at least 90% of the day, for the past 25 years. Recently I have been experiencing aching in my neck and tingling in my fingers. I like my job but my health is more important. I have decided to quit my job before my hands require surgery. My question is if I file for Workmens comp. will my employer be required to put me on disability or will they have the option of placing me in different duty situation? Or will I be able to make that decision (legally). Also If I am placed on Disability I will still need an income will I be required to change careers? And if so who will be able to dictate what career field I will be able to work in?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Fit4life,

I have moved your thread to the "Other Law" section as I feel you may get better answers here rather than in one of the medical boards.
    candacep Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4life
    I have a slight case of the condition, carpal tunnel. I have been in a profession that requires me to type at least 90% of the day, for the past 25 years. Recently I have been experiencing aching in my neck and tingling in my fingers. I like my job but my health is more important. I have decided to quit my job before my hands require surgery. My question is if I file for Workmens comp. will my employer be required to put me on disability or will they have the option of placing me in different duty situation? Or will I be able to make that decision (legally). Also If I am placed on Disability I will still need an income will i be required to change careers? And if so who will be able to dictate what career field I will be able to work in?
    If you go to the dr advise him that this is a on the job injury, the dr will open a l&i claim. Your employer will be required to pay you your wages for any time your dr takes you off off work . If work restrictions are required because of the injury your job will have to midifiy your duties
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 08:19 PM
    This is tough, since if you will not take surgary or other things to correct this, refusing medical treatment for your disability may disquality you.

Also they will most likely hire a ATP or engineer to design your work station, ( or move you to another position,) but they can possibility adjust your pay to the pay of the other departments.

You may well want to review your options with an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legalities of a Texas Apartment Association Lease [ 23 Answers ]

Is a TAA (Texas Apartment Association) Lease valid if it is not signed by both parties? The copy of the lease I have that was provided to me by the management copy is not signed by them. Does this void the terms of the contract lease?

Real Estate legalities [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have just sold our home and have an offer pending to buy a new house (our offer was contingent upon us selling our current home, which we have done.) We offered the sellers their full asking price and have signed contracts. Our intention was to complete settlement on both transactions...

View more questions Search