Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jess001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 01:12 AM
    Online dating issues what to do?
    Heyy guys, Okay so here is my deal I have been talking to this girl I met on a dating website for almost 5months. The issue is I never met her! We have so much in common and like each other very much we text each other all the time send pics we flirt a lot a few phone conversations here and there it feels like where together but in all actuality were not I don't know what to call our relationship all I know is I have strong feelings for her and she says she likes me a lot buuut she doesn't feel like she's ready to start dating again before we started talking she had just been through a rough relationship with her ex and she is still dealing with a broken heart she has falling out of love with the ex but now she has to work on herself we live miles away from each other but close enough to make things work I have no idea on what to do in this situation she says she doesn't want to lose me she would at least want to remain friends but she's not ready for a relationship. I'm ready to build something that I know can be great but I'm waiting on her I don't know how much longer I can wait but I'm ready to meet her and she's hesitant because she's scared of the whole dating idea and not being ready what am I to do please help me
    j3llo93 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2011, 03:41 AM
    If you really like her than you should be willing to wait until she feels comfortable enough! Keep talking to her, reassure her and don't bring up meeting for a while. Try waiting until SHE brings it up!
    Kanark Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 07:29 PM
    I think you should reassure her that you are OK with waiting, but, say you would like to meet her anyway (Im sure you would) it may help her get more comfortable and help her "Work on herself".

Best of luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Things take time, have you considered a next nice step would be video chatting, that way you know it is really her and she knows it is really you, and the talking will include expression.

Next how many "miles" even if it is not a date, a face to face meeting just to meet should not be out of the question
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 24, 2011, 10:02 PM
    Have you asked her why she is on a dating site if she's not interested in meeting anyone? Even if she didn't want a "relationship" she should be able to meet an interesting person for a "date". Why else is she on a dating site?

I sincerely hope she is in who she claims to be... But I wonder about that based on what you've described.

Oct 25, 2011, 02:14 AM
    Jello93 great advice I thought of that and I really do like her so I told her I understand that she has something to work on with herself but as a "friend" I would love to have more then just a phone relationship and she agreed so we're meeting up this Friday and I think things will be a little less nerve wrecking for her

@ Kanark thanks I actually told her that Im okay with waiting but that's sort of a lie I feel like once she get herself back whole again and is ready for dating that's exactly what she's going do date people and figure out what's best for her and some how I still might come up with the short end of the stick I just don't want to pressure her about having a relationship with me she's confused her self she doesn't know what she wants Im feeling a little lead on I don't know

@Fr_chuck video chat was also an option but her ex broke her 1200 mac lap and she didn't get a new one yet and she has a sucky black berry :( she lives in LI and I live in CT not too far

@phillysteakandcheese yes I asked her when I met her and she explained to me her situation with her ex and added that she was looking for new friends/people to hang out with nothing serious and I said oh cool I guess that all right until we hit it off really good and things got a liitle bit serious now Im just to the point were Its time to meet I like you you like me lets text this to the next level and see what comes of it but that's where she get a little nervous its like the ball is in her court but Im sitting here wait patiently like a little puppy because I don't want to pressure her into doing something she's not physically ready for Im lost it kind of breaks my heart because I really like her a lot but I have to wait around and hope for the best :-/
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Well all the cards have been laid out. She doesn't want a relationship right now and you want one. The timing is off right now. So you have two choices. You can either keep getting to know each other better while you wait for the timing to align together.

Or you can find someone else to have a relationship with. You just need to decide how much you like her and whether you are willing to wait for her to come around.

However, I do caution that waiting for her doesn't guarantee a relationship. So be prepared to wait for something that may never happen.

That being said, your feelings for her are clear and the ball is on her side of the court. So she will let you know when she's ready for a relationship, so you don't need to push the idea to her anymore. If you're willing to wait and see, then just keep getting to know each other better and enjoy your interactions together.

Oct 29, 2011, 04:46 PM
    Thanks a lot for the great advice I'll take that into consideration.

Oct 29, 2011, 04:54 PM
    Weird feelings help please
    Is it weird to fall in love with someone you never physically met? I've been talking to this girl for 5 months now and we really got to know a lot about each other I love everything about her but how could I love someone I never met?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Love knows no boundaries. Just do not be fooled though. Just because you think you love everything about thing. Just because you think that you know a lot about them. Until you meet with each other. Until you spend time together physically you will never truly know if you love everything about them or not. Even when in a relationship together with somebody over years and years you are always learning something new about each other.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ml#post2931979

We humans develop attachments and feelings rather easily. Especially when we are alone, or lonely. Then its even easier to have feelings for another who eases our loneliness, or any other pain we have in our lives.

They make us feel good, and we like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to try online dating, but What to do if None of dating sites have enough locals? [ 4 Answers ]

I never had a GF. I want to try online dating but the sites I've seen only have like 5 women from my city and not my type. That's dumb. Why would I sign up to sites that have no one from my city.

Dating Issues... [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why I am this way, it may be because I am young (19) or maybe because I've always been a very sexually active person, but I have never appreciated the dating process in any relationship with any girl. I consider myself a lucky guy since I have never had problems talking to girls and I...

Online dating [ 31 Answers ]

Anyone experience with meeting someone after talking to them for months? The aniticipation?

Online Dating [ 3 Answers ]

Im curious now. I have come across plenty of upset ladies because their men are registered on online dating. Is that considered cheating? (I suppose in the cyber world if there are flirts and emails going on with a complete stranger than that's saying something isnt)?

View more questions Search