Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sleepinbeauty Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
    How do I break up with him?
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and five months. I'm 15 and he is 17. I have been trying to break up with him since th sixth month we've been dating but he always makes me feel guilty about it. He says its not fair to him. I do love him but I feel we are both missing out on other opportunities buy being with each other. How do I break up with him? :confused:
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
    You know how and just aren't making it stick, truth be told here! LOL Who is in charge of you? Him? The Man In The Moon? You? Your parents?

If you are being his girlfriend out of feelings of guilt or sympathy then you aren't really being his girlfriend-- you are being his mama, nanny, babysitter or fix-me girl. I understand that you are young and inexperienced, and youth does confuse love easily. But geeze, Sleeping, girlfriends have lives and minds of their own and act like it too. Where is your life? I don't mean to sound harsh here sweetie but you aren't doing anyone, least of all him, any favors. Sometimes what looks like kindness isn't kind at all. Sorry, but If you are going to play with things like relationships, then you'll have to take the bitter with the sweet, Sleeping. It comes with the territory.

Like Yoda says: There is do and do not, there is no try!

Now go break up with him and make it stick. You will need that skill later on for other things too and the only way you acquire it is by doing it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Had to spread it Val, but you are so right . If she can't make her word stick and not be controlled now, her future b/f's will control her too. Not a good position to be in. Break the cycle now.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:12 PM
    I need to talk to you. I do care for you but I do not want to go out with you anymore. No sense on making me feel guilty, life is not fair. I need to be fair in letting you go because I do not think it is right in you keeping me just because you made me feel guilty about keeping you longer by my side then I want. The guilt is not going to work this time. I want us to experience other things and learn about life. It is time for us to go our separate ways.

Goodbye!

Your name.
    KUrban24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 09:52 PM
    All honestly the only right way to break up with someone is to just be honest. Nothing hurts more than getting dumped and knowing that the reason was a lie. Then he will never learn from a mistake in a relationship. And that's what its all about, Relationships they can be great, they can hurt, but they are all a learning experience. Just be honest simply sit down and just talk about your feelings and let him know that hey your young he's young go have fun, and mabey there's a chance of getting back together if its true love.
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 11, 2007, 01:58 AM
    I think "honesty" is the best way to go. It hurts, however the truth always sets you free and it also sets the other person free too. At least this way they know what to expect. I feel when you tell the person the truth you are going to help them in their next relationship. Ending it nicely the best you can is going to help the transition. Good luck.
    Ria100 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Feb 28, 2007, 01:36 AM
    ... "Will the REAL you please stand up? "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I break up with her? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've been dating this girl for almost two years now and It's time to call it quits. We are currently living together also with her parents for everyone's own financial reasons. Anyway, I rushed into this relationship after I had broken up with my first love whom I was with for almost...

Break up [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this guy were both in a relationship but I was crazy about him for months - his girlfriend is completely ignoring him as it seems.. but he was in love with her.. anyway I never showed my feelings I just kept it all in.. But then this one day he made a move on me and kissed me! And then he...

After a break- break up or try again? [ 24 Answers ]

Ok, never done this posting thing but you all give good advice - and I need some opinions outside my own logic! Sorry in advance for the length… I've been dating this guy for 2 years and recently he asked for time off to reconsider things. (That is, break up and then talk in a month and half.)...

Break even [ 2 Answers ]

Product Alpha has been a staple in Omega Corp.'s product line for several years. Annual fixed costs of production and administration related to this product in the past have been $643,500. Annually, variable costs of production and sales have been $17 per unit. The selling price in the past has...

A break [ 55 Answers ]

My girlfriend of a year and a month and I broke up Thursday. We decided to take a break from seeing and talking to each other, starting Thursday night. Friday she was in my room after class, saying she couldn't do it and that she needs me in her life. We went and talked and both of us still have...

View more questions Search