Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ynysddu Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Router keeps dropping wireless connections?
    My router drops all wireless connections but OK for connected computer.
    When dropped the router can be seen with a strong signal but cannot connect.
    Have to reboot router and then will connect.
    Any idea how to fix.
    Thanks
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 28, 2011, 04:46 PM
    One of my friends recently had the same problem. He updated hit laptop's wireless driver and all was fine. But I don't think this is your problem.

Firstly I have found there are a lot of (laptop wireless / router) comparability with WPA2. Try setting the security to WEP security.

Still nothing, reset your router manually, there should be a button at the back, then re-enter you internet settings via your internet browser and ip address **Don't do this unless you are fairly familiar with routers**

Still nothing? Then update the router's firmware. Go to the manufactures website to get the updates, if any.

If all else fails then return the router to your supplier and have it checked.

Hope this helps
    Grant Hills
    South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Wireless Keeps Dropping [ 2 Answers ]

I use Verizon DSL and have the Westall Modem with a Linksys router. The Westall modem is wired directly to a HP PC and the Linksys router. The signal strength received shows as excellent but the connection to our laptop(s) keeps on dropping. The wireless network is using WPA security and MAC. ...

Total connections on one wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comcast netgear wireless router and it allows me max 5 devices to connect to it. In my home I have more then 5 connections to make to go on internet. I have connected a 2wire wireless router but somehow cannot get to connect all the PCs/Laptops/PDAs connect to the 2wire router. Can...

View more questions Search