Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevcuba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 02:31 PM
    What is the best and most economical phone to take to Cuba as a gift to a Cuban?
    What is the most practical phone to take to Cuba as a gift?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 02:36 PM
    Give them a gift certificate is the easiest way. Nice idea, but won't work, depending where you are coming from and may REALLY be EXPENSIVE depending where you are travelling from...

Tick
    kevcuba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Tick,a gift cert.for what in Cuba?
    I was looking for a phone to decode and take.
    But thanks anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Threads merged.

Empresa de Telecommunicaciones de Cuba, if I understand right is a major carrier in Cuba, You will need a phone that has the GSM unlocked to accept their service

There has been limited cell phone service in Cuba since 1991 but it was not till 2008 that it was really available to most people in Cuba.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kevcuba View Post
    I was looking for a phone to decode and take.
    But thanks anyway.
    Thanks for the unhelpful rating. I did try to help but you were not acceptable of my offering. If you were more explicit in your question, perhaps I could have done better. You were asking for a gift idea. Next time spell it out.

Tick
    Nicky500 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Try getting a iPhone on eBay it might cost u a little much but that is a good phone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama and Cuba ? [ 7 Answers ]

Obama is opening up more relations and dialog with Cuba. If the Cubans accepted the U.S. lifting all sanctions against Cuba, And travel out of the U.S. to Cuba was a common thing, what would be the pros and cons? Would it help or hurt The U.S. or the Cubans?

Finding hotel in cuba where my friends are [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My friends went to Cuba on Tuesday but since than I don't know anything about them.Their phoner are off,they don't reply on e mails... simple nothing! I am little bit in worry because we don't know anything about that country.How can I find out the name of hotel or resort where they are,to...

Cuba in August? [ 2 Answers ]

How is Cuba in August? What about the Dominican Republic? Is it a good/bad idea to visit the country in August? Anyone been there in August? Thank you all. :)

Rare old horror movie I saw in Cuba [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie when I was around 7 or 8 (in Cuba) I'm 34 now.It was my first horror movie and it became very famous in my country. I think it was British but I might be wrong.There was a blond woman who is murdered and then she came back with a mask (like decomposed face) hunting men. One of the...

View more questions Search