Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Oct 23, 2011, 10:21 AM
    How you get over extreme embarrassment enough to live with others
    Hello, how I can I get over extreme embarrassment about daily things that others seem to have no issues with? For example (I hope nobody laugh) I have trouble going #2 in public places like at work or restaurants. I can only go at home, alone. I do not even like having house guests because they are all in my things and 'space.' It sound stupid I know, but I may never be able to be in relationships (never have anyways) because I can imagine living with husband or boyfriend and having to go to the toilet or having my period. People will say I am immature but I can't help :( thinking this way. Is this normal and what can I do to feels more comfortable? Am I going overboard, being 'too private?' I am 31 and I have some mental health issues like asperger and generalized anxiety disorder. Maybe some people are meant to live alone right? Ty
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Yes some people are just happier living alone, until of course you get so old you end up in a nursing home.

Many people don't like #2 in public restrooms, this is a common problem. Of course if you are out in public at time you have little choice, can't hold it forever.
    With that, finding those rest rooms that are just one room, no one else can be in the room

Oct 23, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Whether they're happy about it or not some people are meant to be alone/live alone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Stop beating yourself up, for Pete's sake!

Asperger's isn't a mental health issue. Your brain is wired differently from the brains of SOME others. I have a German brain that's wired a lot like yours and probably has even more caveats than yours does.

Now, stop obsessing.

Oct 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
    I'm not obsessing I am asking questions which is what I thought this place is for. If you don't wants answer my questions why follow them then?

Oct 23, 2011, 06:24 PM
    And I do has mental health issues as well by the way
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Most of the nurses I work with will only have a bowel movement in their own home, nowhere else. My youngest son is the same way. This isn't an oddity.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
    I'm perfectly normal (whatever that is) and hate people in my space and I hate having unexpected company and I hate watching someone mess up what I so carefully put together and I hate having someone tell me what to do when I know they don't know what they are talking about and no, I don't live alone, but live with two other people who have their own preferences and oddities and hangups plus five cats who boss all three of us around.

Sorry, HHV, but you're no different from the rest of us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 06:57 PM
    And why do you think you have to live with others? My younger son owns a house and lives there alone. He loves the peace and quiet and isn't hanging out at the bars for a social life. I have several friends and relatives who are as happy as clams living in apartments or condos or in houses alone. They can do what they want when they want and not have to check with someone else first.

I know several women who are now widows who adored their husbands but truly enjoy being alone and aren't looking for a date for Friday night or wanting any kind of regular companionship. If they want any social interaction, they go look for it at the library or the senior center or the local Y for an hour or two and then come home to enjoy the peace. They are perfectly happy doing their own thing all by themselves.

There are LOTS of people like that.

Oct 23, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Well I wasn't talking about the people that live alone and love it and don't want nothing else. I am talking the people that lives alone and would maybe one in there life like to know what it is like being in relationships or a marriage. Can't do that if you can't live with other people in your home. Far as I'm concerned this world is meant for certain types of people and screw everyone else that doesn't fit it. Probably best for these outsiders to just wither away and die. Put everyone out their misery once and for all. I gets really freaking sick of my therapist saying the same thing over and over again in CBT. Its obviously not working and not for me, so why waste everyone's time? Die today or die tomorrow, either way still going to die. So why wait.
    Expert

Oct 23, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Oh, goodness. There are different people doing different things. Not everyone is meant to have a relationship. Not everyone is meant to be alone.

The problem you seem to have is that you don't accept the life you are leading. You are always looking for something that may be out of your reach.

Remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side. I'll bet a million that if you were to have the life you so desire you wouldn't be as happy as you wish to be.

Oct 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Well excuse me for wanting something more. If I'm suppose except the life I have and just be happy with it how am I to do that then since you have all the answers. Some people are meant to be alone and others are meant to be in relationship. Just because people say the opposite doesn't make it right imo. But w/e I don't think too many people get what I am saying anyway. They just want to sit around and focus on the "positive" because it feels better to do that than look at reality.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Do you WANT to be in a relationship?
    Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 02:48 PM
    What is it that you do want? Your posts are full of negativity. It's actually easier to look at the negative than it is to find the positive in life. I've been a depressed person for many years. Been there, done that, got the pea green t-shirt. It was until I learned to change my thinking that I was able to get off the meds and focus on having a happy healthy life.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHoneyVintage View Post
    some people are meant to be alone and others are meant to be in relationship.
    People aren't "meant to be" in anything. It's what they choose to do.

If somebody wants to hang out in a sparely-populated, rural area, he lives in Sussex County. If he wants to be with lively, friendly people all around him, he moves to Chicago. It's his choice.

Are you able to live independently and make choices for yourself?

Oct 24, 2011, 09:30 PM
    I loves it how people say 'change your thinking' and all of that -- everyone want you to do that, right. People on here, therapist, boards -- yet not one person is willing to say HOW that actually is to be accomplished. I just LOL. What do you mean what is it I want: I posted the questions from the get go, it's the name of the thread, can't get anymore clearer than that, I don't think. I also love it how people say 'oh everyone is different.' or 'we're all the same' yet I don't know anyone else that have the same types of issues I have. I never met one other person. But if they claim to have some of the same issues like on these message boards, they act like it's not a big a deal and they are busy concentrating on the 'positives' or they say they are over these problems because they were able to 'change their thinking.' well good for them, must be nice. I'm going quit my therapy and medications its just a waste of everyone time. Tired of her telling me do same thing every week, that I can't do. So why bother.

I live by myself and I have to make lists and reminders about when how and who to pay my bills to or else I will get it all mixed up or forget :(.I can't drive on the highways and I can barely functions in daily life. I can't moves to chicago because I don't have money for that. I lives in a small studio apt. in a small town in NJ.

Maybe your posts would be negative too if you felt nothing ever went right, not even once or felt that you weren't able to handle daily life. Say what you want but: some people is not equipped to participate/survive in this world, its just too fast and too much for some. Probably defective humans of some sort all I can figure.

Oct 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Maybe you all have something in your life that you see is worth it. Only thing I see everyday is more challenges. Imo, going through it all isn't worth a hill of beans either.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2011, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHoneyVintage View Post
    i live by myself and i have to make lists and reminders about when how and who to pay my bills to or else i will get it all mixed up or forget :(.i can't drive on the highways and i can barely functions in daily life. i can't moves to chicago b/c i don't have money for that. i lives in a small studio apt. in a small town in NJ.
    My Asperger's husband has 10,000 lists and reminders so he remembers to do stuff.

I'm very familiar with your area and wonder how you grocery shop or get around if you don't drive.

Are you alone in that studio apartment all day and all night?

Oct 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
    W.G.

Yes I am alone mostly but I work remember? But other than that on weekends and stuff I am home alone, maybe someone will call once in a while. I got a neighbor and her husband I talk to sometime but I don't want to intrude or bother them. I do drive, I just don't drive on the highways. I stay local. Does your husband drive on the highways? There is just too many things going on at once, sigh. Can't keep track of the exit signs and turn off at the same time, etc. I gets nervous about merging, tractor trailers, and the speed is too much. People say just 'get over it' and 'do it' but there could be a accident and someone could die! I don't see how that is worth the risk just to appease other people like my family who say I'm too scared of everything.

Oct 25, 2011, 09:31 AM
    I been trying get my dead father home organized nearby, it's going in foreclosure and I just want it to be done with. A lot of my stuff is in that house because I been taking care of him for awhile. My brother got his own home and own family... does your husband have good relation with his family and do he 'enjoy' family get togethers etc? How is he about those things?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Its gone from one extreme to the other! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well. We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well. Long...

Extreme diet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there.. :) I just want to ask is what is the most effective way of losing weight?

Extreme worry. [ 5 Answers ]

Can you worry about something so much that you physically make it happen to yourself Like mentally? Or physically?

View more questions Search