Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 09:40 AM
    You aren't destined to live alone. Your biggest problem is WHERE you live. If you lived near me, you would be in the perfect place with public transportation, lively residents, a library in every suburb, lots of groups to join and try out, all sorts of support groups for people with Asperger's and other situations.

It's not you; it's your environment.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Okay. I made a call and have a name for you. She works at Arc and will even visit you at home to talk with you about what you want to do.

Her name is Jeanette Weikel. Her phone number is at Arc of Warren County, 908-689-7525, and her email address is [email protected]. She is hoping to hear from you. Tell her that woman from Chicago (me) gave you this information.
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Well the place you live in sounds really NICE; I would like to live in a place like that. Instead stuck in a small mayberry type town. I never lived in a big city, one time lived in phillly for a few months but I failed at living there. It was too scary and the people are mean there. I would probably be too scared to live in an area like chicago -- it have high crime they say and also is it confusing using the public trans? Who is that LADY JEANNETTE? Is she somebody you know? What is it that she thinks she can do for me? Please do not tell her I have never been with me and that I live alone with a dog and no friends, sigh. She will only see it as pathetic and I don't know her, so I am nervous about her knowing 'all my business.' ty

Nov 4, 2011, 02:41 PM
    w.g. what is the neighborhood in chicago that you live in? Only one I ever heard of was Peoria oh and another one is wicker park :) I seen it on Tv, just looks like a nice place to live. Economy is not good for jobs or moving so I am stuck here.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHoneyVintage View Post
    who is that LADY JEANNETTE? is she somebody you know? what is it that she thinks she can do for me? Please do not tell her i have never been with me and that i live alone with a dog and no friends, sigh. she will only see it as pathetic and i don't know her, so i am nervous about her knowing 'all my business.' ty
    Jeanette lives somewhere in your county and will actually come to your house to answer questions about what you can do for fun and how you can get around without knowing how to drive. She admits it's a very rural county, but there are ways.

I don't know where you live or what your name is. I called the Arc phone number and found her. She said all you have to do is call her next week or email her for more information and/or to set up an appointment for her to visit you. She sounds very nice, somewhat like a social worker kind of person who connects people in your county to other people and groups.

She will know only as much as you tell her. She connects with people all day -- people who live alone or with their parents or with a roommate or with a spouse or with grandparents. She helps physically and mentally and emotionally and socially challenged people. That's her job. She doesn't judge anyone.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 02:55 PM
    I grew up in a farm community of 500 people in New York State, so I understand rural life. (I dated dairy farmers' sons.)

Since 1972, I've lived in this suburb of Chicago -- 50,000 people or so live here, not crowded but two grocery stores, a Dairy Queen, eight grade schools (three are parochial), a high school, some shopping at strip malls, two or three restaurants, lots of dentists and hair salons (for some reason), about ten churches, one public library, friendly people, very little crime, lots of trees.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 02:59 PM
    w.g. what is the neighborhood in chicago that you live in? only one i ever heard of was Peoria oh and another one is wicker park :) I seen it on Tv, just looks like a nice place to live. economy is not good for jobs or moving so i am stuck here.
    Peoria isn't in Chicago. It's a city all by itself.

I live in a suburb west of Chicago. I haven't been to Chicago since 1987 maybe.

Nov 4, 2011, 04:35 PM
    I will email that jeannete lady and see what she has to say for herself. I feels like giving up, I am tired. I wait too long to start a life, now the life that I been living doesn't make sense to 'normal' adults, I don't fit in. I don't care what you say that is how it's viewed because I been down that road with people many times, they don't understand that is why I just avoids social situations nowadays. I don't understand WHY people like to socialize in certain things. I just do stuff by myself. No point making an as* out of myself over and over again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 04:47 PM
    You're just a kid. Wait until you get to be an old lady like me. That's when life gets tough.

Keep an open mind. Wish I could be there to meet with the two of you, if you get to that point.

Nov 4, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Well I emailed her. I don't considers you to be an old lady. By all accounts you have been successful in life as far as society is concerned, you should feel good about that. At least you are not a 'freak' of nature. I am not a kid I am 31, I could see if I was like 19 or 20 when there was still hope or w/e but at this age group you're expected to have a decent amount life experiences under your belt. That's a fact when you don't people know you're a 'freak' or 'abnormal' sigh. I gets really tired of people say 'we're all social creatures' or they say 'everybody wants to seek out sexual enjoyments and intimacy.' it makes me really mad. Obviously nobody have account for those on the outskirts who DON'T seek these things and the reason is because they are anomalies, defectives of the human race.

Nov 4, 2011, 04:59 PM
    I feels suicide is the best option for people on 'outskirts' of society and can't seem to make sense of rest of human population. These people simply don't belong and are taking up space, it's probably the natural order of things anyway. Not everyone in the world is meant to be successful, in love or w/e. so IMO, these group of people that have no value should put themselves out of the misery.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 05:04 PM
    well I emailed her.
    Yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy! Remember, it's the weekend, so she may not check her Arc mail until Monday.
    I don't considers you to be an old lady.
    I'm more than twice your age.
    by all accounts you have been successful in life as far as society is concerned
    In some things. I won't tell you about my failures.
    you are not a 'freak' of nature.
    Neither are you. If you are, then so are my husband and my son.
    people say 'we're all social creatures' or they say 'everybody wants to seek out sexual enjoyments and intimacy.'
    I sure don't know what you're reading or who you're listening to. Whatever it is, stop.
    those on the outskirts who DON'T seek these things and the reason is because they are anomalies, defectives of the human race.
    Now you sound like Hitler. Ugh.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 05:17 PM
    i feels suicide is the best option for people on 'outskirts' of society and can't seem to make sense of rest of human population. these people simply don't belong and are taking up space, it's probably the natural order of things anyways. Not everyone in the world is meant to be successful, in love or w/e. so IMO, these group of people that have no value should put themselves out of the misery.
    So most of the people in the world -- the handicapped, the emotionally and mentally disabled, people in wheelchairs, retired people over 50 who have grey hair -- should commit suicide? I have a bad back and bad knees and can't do a lot of stuff anymore. I should commit suicide too?

Nov 5, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Well I'm sorry you thinks I sound like 'hitler.' but that's the facts of the matter as I see it. There is simply no place in the real world for people that are WAAAAY left of center. And I'm not going to suggest you 'off yourself' because you have bad knees either; but keep in mind yes I do believe the mentally disabled, mentally ill and emotional wrecks would be better off. The world is simply not built for them, even as cruel as it may sound. As the years go on it just gets worse too people aren't getting any 'nicer' if you haven't noticed already... Now I don't want to call your family members 'freaks' but you take that as you will, I think yes, people like I said that are waaay off from the rest are freaks (that includes myself). Did you ever think maybe suicide is the answer? Reason being it keep population from exploding and uses less natural resources. In the jungle with animals the weak ones get eaten or taken as prey -- that is how the world is, survival of the fittest and if you can't keep up why bother wasting everyone's time? As badly as one might want to fit into society, it's not going to happen for everyone, simply is impossible and not meant to be. Sigh. I am just saying.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2011, 11:56 AM
    If you killed off everyone who isn't "fit," there would be no one left.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Its gone from one extreme to the other! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well. We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well. Long...

Extreme diet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there.. :) I just want to ask is what is the most effective way of losing weight?

Extreme worry. [ 5 Answers ]

Can you worry about something so much that you physically make it happen to yourself Like mentally? Or physically?

View more questions Search