Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybugpicnic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Can I be evicted in winter months in new brunswick?
    My landlord failed to make repairs to my rental. I haven't had a stove in 2 years of the 3 I have lived here and repeatedly asked for one. I am infested with mice and there are droppings everywhere. My roof has leaked since I moved in. There is a massive amount of mold everywhere which is causing breathing problems. I am disabled and do not have the means to move at this time. I did not sign any lease and when I moved in, made an agreement to fix the place up at his expense and with his permission on each repair in liue of rent. He has not fulfilled any of these obligations and I have invested some of my own money and a great deal of time in making this place liveable. The landlord has also entered the property on several occasions using his key and without any notice, while I was home and at one point, while I was showering. Here's the biggest factor: He is also my lawyer for a car accident I was involved in and also has shown up on many occasions bringing alcohol with him and staying for hours at a time. I stated to him this made me feel very uncomfortable but he still came uninvited. This is just a few of the problems I have had and now I have received my eviction notice because I asked him not to come here while intoxicated or with out proper notice. Can he do this? What rights do I have?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Yes, he can evict you in the Winter - but it's not the Winter right now.

Have you kept up your end of the bargain, making repairs instead of paying rent?

Without a written lease you are a month-to-month tenant and he can evict you at any time.
    ladybugpicnic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 10:29 AM
    Yes, I have kept my end of the bargain and then some. It was only expected for me to do the labour in liue of rent but the expenses were to be his obligation. He asked for a list of things that needed repair and I gave it to him. He said he would take care of the things I could not handle myself as in septic system repairs, leaking roof, rodent problem, replacing stove and fixing cupboards, etc. I was to take care of the lawn maintenance, painting house, cleaning and winterizing. He did not do any of this but I fulfilled my obligations. He is now evicting me because I do not want him here for any reason other than landlord/tenant issues. I also asked him to give me 24 hours notice before entering my place which he still does not do. I am now disabled due to a car accident and can not physically move or financially. Is there anything I can do? The notice to vacate is also not from rentalsman and has the wrong address on it. It is just a typed letter from my landlord. Does this matter?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Here's some really, really good info - read through it and see if you fit this situation.

EDIT: Add http://www.consumerinformation.ca/ap...hallengeNo=325

If he's your Attorney on your accident lawsuit he can file a lien against that suit and get paid rent that way, if you consent.

Why does he want you out? He wants romance, you don't?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which part of the world experiences at least 6 months of winter? [ 5 Answers ]

Which part of the world experiences at least 6 months of winter?

Can I be evicted in the winter season I Washington Dc [ 1 Answers ]

Is it lawful to be evicted in the winter season in Washington DC :confused:

Eviction During Winter Months In North Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is someone out there that knows any laws for eviction in the winter months of North Dakota. We were 2 weeks late on a payment for a contract for deed and the gentleman we are buying the home from either wants the full payment of the house purchase or have us gone in 5...

Can you be evicted in the winter months with children in the home. [ 4 Answers ]

:mad:Can you be evicted in the winter months with children in the home?:mad:

Climate between summer and winter months [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following destinations would experience the greatest difference in temperatures between summer and winter months? Is it nassau,bahamas or anchorage,Alaska or calcutta,india or philadelphia,Pennsylvania

View more questions Search