Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martyg42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
    How to format hard drive
    I have a Gateway desktop. How do I re-format hard drive? I get message saying it is being used by another application when I know it isn't.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 6, 2007, 02:04 PM
    If you could give us some more information that will help resolve your issue.
    What Operating System are you going to put on ?
    What EXACTLY does the error message say ?
    What have you tried so far ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

How to format Hard drive? [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I was rebooting my PC, I entered DOS Prompt and format my other partitions except C:, which was when formatted answer was that it is used by other programs. If somebody help me out?

How do I format my hard drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed at moment a version of windows xp pro and it is in german I have acquired a english version called winborg allin one and it tells me to format before inserting the disc but when I click on the hd it comes up in german telling me something about closing windows but I cannot...

New Hard Drive Installation/Format for XP [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All. Hope you can help me. Ihave just installed a new 250GB hard drive. Can some one please help me on how i install windows ME. Ihave the hard drive set to master. Ihave also a floppy startup disk. hope you can help this essexguy. My home email is [email protected] Many thanks richardxx :)

View more questions Search