Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Y_Nessi Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 09:50 PM
    "Most of the functions use global data in java."
    What does this sentence mean? Can explain me more clearly.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2011, 06:24 AM
    I don't do Java, but I think this relates to variables that you have set globally, as opposed to locally (i.e. in functions, procedures, etc). So, you can use a global variable without declaring it again in the functions/procedures.

I did some Tcl, and I always have to declare my global variables, otherwise, the variable is treated as a local variable which goes to garbage once the procedure is executed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Global Warming "Scientists" got it wrong? [ 83 Answers ]

Say it ain't so... But it is. So... when does something become a consensus opinion? How many scientists make a "consensus opinion"? When do we say that the science is undeniable and can no longer be debated? And what if the guys who said it begin debating with their original...

How do I override or clear the "leave" and "return" functions on my thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a Honeywell TRH7500 programmable thermostat. The installation went smoothly, but I cannot figure our how to override/clear the "leave/return" schedules. The thermostat comes with 4 daily program settings: wake, leave, return, sleep. I only want to use wake and sleep but I...

A small price to stop "global warming " [ 7 Answers ]

Nations urged to spend $45 trillion to battle carbon emissions - International Herald Tribune According to the International Energy Agency it will take at least $45 trillion ;build 1,400 nuclear power plants worldwide ,and vastly expand wind power in order to halve greenhouse gas emissions by...

View more questions Search