Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GMRR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Taking tape off the wall
    I was trying to place a mirror on the wall of my hallway with some sort of special tape use for that kind of mirror. So it happens that the mirror fell and some of the tape is stuck on the wall. I just bought this place and I don't want to ruin the paint. How can I take that tape off without damaging the paint? :confused:
    Thanks for any help you can provide.:D

GMRR, MA
    shudama Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Try vinigar

If that doesn't work and soaking with dawn or other dish detergent and water doesn't work, bummer.

Wd40 will work, but stains the wall.
    Repainting is the worst case, can youlive with that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Bare, tape or dope? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a copper female adapter soldered on the end of std 1/2 in. copper pipe that will be used to attach a brass faucet. Should I leave the threads bare when screwing the faucet into the adapter or should I use teflon tape or pipe dope? This is being used indoors for the cold water line to the...

How much pipe thread tape to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Yikes. I was installing the tub spout and the copper stub-out was way too long. I measure and measured again and cut it too short. It doesn't extend far enough Into the spout to seal. Can I use silicone or something? What others options To I have? The spout is the type you described in a...

Bad Tape Job [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a chance to by a fixer upper and noticed that the dry wall joints had been badly taped and could be seen through the paint and/or falling off all together. What is the best way to handle this?

Paneling Seam Tape [ 2 Answers ]

I have put up some new paneling and most of it looks really good, but there are a few seams that show up. My brother told me about using seam tape that matches my paneling, I cannot find this, Lowe's & home depot thought I was on drugs when I asked. Can any one point me to a website or a store that...

View more questions Search