Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sejsmj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 04:37 PM
    Dr. Brown has a radioisotope source containing 1.2 x 106 (also written as 1.2E 06) at
    Dr. Brown has a radioisotope source containing 1.2 x 106 (also written as 1.2E 06) atoms of Plutonium-238 in 1985, how many atoms will remain in 352 years?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Oct 22, 2011, 07:01 PM
    What's the half-life of Plutonium-238?

Once you know that, what's 352 years in terms of half-lives?

Just take 1/2 to that power and multiply it by the number of atoms you started with (i.e. raise 2 to that power and then divide the starting number of atoms by that amount).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Handler leaks from unidentified source onto first floor ceiling. Possible source? [ 0 Answers ]

Installers cannot locate a water source. No other sources in attic. Prior leaking from blocked P-Trap which was replaced wiith added overflow detection device.

Peugeot 106 Horn [ 1 Answers ]

My horn is not working and I have checked the fuses and it is not this. The problem is I cannot find the horn under the bonnet to check that! It may seem a bit of a stupid question but I have been looking for ages. Can you help?

Peugeot 106 [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the colour code for my 1998 peugeot 106, I've looked all over the place for it but to no avail, any ideas??

Problem with Peugeot 106 [ 12 Answers ]

I have been having trouble with my car. It has been over revving, it does not idle properly and it has caused the car to Kangeroo on occasion and generally had no umph. I also cannot start the car straight off, I have to rev it in order to get the engine going. I put it into a garage yesterday...

View more questions Search