Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikey007 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Why will my gas central unit not ignite
    My gas central unit will not ignite when turned on
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Oct 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
    With the little bit of info you have provided, I am sure no one will venture a guess at this.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Looking at the info given-- I would say the fly wheel has slipped and is starting to hit the combustion unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit pipe.. 80 degrees outside [ 2 Answers ]

My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit (you can see the ice covering the pipe that goes from the unit to the house and it is 80degrees outside. You can hear the unit running but no air is coming through the vents. I left it off all night and it is cooling fine today. Is this...

I just purchased a new gas and central ac unit for my home. It uses the new R410-80 [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new central ac/gas furnace that uses the new R410-80 coolant. The outside ac unit keeps shutting off after running for approx 30 min to 2 hours. It won't turn back on sometimes until the next day. The contractor has been here three times and just keeps "charging" the unit. ...

Central heatingan unit with ice on the outside of unit [ 5 Answers ]

Cold temperatures outside about 29 degrees unit has ice on the outside. I turned unit to emergency heat.

Fan on gas central heating unit stays on after correct temperature is reached. [ 1 Answers ]

Fan on my York Stellar Plus Gas-fired central air unit stays on for about an hour after thermostat reaches temp and shuts off combustion. It just blows room temp air after heating to desired temp. Seems like a waste of electricity. Unit is about 10 years old and seems to otherwise work fine. Any...

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

View more questions Search