Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy_payton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Is this abandonment
    I am the mother of two minor children that were conceived during a existing marriage! Both parties separated and the father hasn't seen, called, nor supported the children in anyway... is this child abandonment?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, did you read the thread you posted to? The answer to your question was in that thread. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ml#post1793644

You are asking the wrong question. You should be explaining what you want to do about the situation and asking if you can do that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 03:22 PM
    It can be used as a reason to file for divorce, to file for child custody and file for child support.

So what have you done in court yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

If mother leaves child with her aunt been missing for the last 5 years should the father have to pay child support?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 19 with a four month old son. She lives with me and her father. We as grandparents take care of him mostly. My question is that how long does my daughter have to be gone in order for it to be considered abandonment. If she states that she will be home at a certain time and doesn't...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

And when you say very few states use child abandoment as the charge.. is KY one, do you know offhand?

Is this abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in 1996 and I haven't seen my wife right after that (1996 or 1997). So can I file for abandonment... because I can't find her... and if so HOW? Or should I just file for a no- fault? Please Help I'm ready to get this over with. Thanks.

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.

View more questions Search