Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Computer Security
    I just installed Windows 7 (had Vista) and MS Office 2010 on my laptop. I also have installed on my laptop the following security programs. Spybot, RegistryBooster and MS Security Essentials. Can someone tell me if I have TOO many security programs installed that could effect other programs or installations. Thanks, Wayne
    den1763 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 03:21 PM
    In my opinion all you need installed is MS Security Essentials, more than that will create problems besides its free! Those others are spy crap. In setting don't join SpyNet.

Den1763
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 22, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Dump spybot and registrybooster as they are no longer relevant.
    While MS is good, Malwarebytes ran occasionally helps to keep your system clean of infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home security cameras hardwired to computer [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a home security system that included 4 cameras, cables, a video card, & software for use with my computer. It doesn't work with windows vista and there's no patch yet. Also the video card doesn't fit because the computer I own has an integrated video card. So when everything connects...

Computer h/w and s/w security [ 2 Answers ]

How to keep our computer safe, be it hardware or software? How to protect it from viruses and spyware?

Computer security from viruses and spyware [ 5 Answers ]

What's the best virus protection and spyware protection, I've used mc affee norton kaporski and a few others but none of them seem to be working. Also how do I get stuff that's already on my computer off... I've used a lot of spyware removers and even restored my computer to factory settings and...

Computer security [ 7 Answers ]

What is mmlucj.exe? How can I remove it

Computer Security [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know what is Active X. When I log into the internet, a pop up comes up saying. "Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page." I have spyware now and I'm new at this. Could you tell me what I need to do please?

View more questions Search