Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassylil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 10:02 AM
    What is the tax in Massachusetts on a sign on bonus for work
    What is the tax in Massachusetts on a sign on bonus taken out by an employer
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I do not know what the MA tax will be. Probably withheld at the HIGHEST tax rate, which is around 11%.

For federal taxes, the standard withholding for income taxes is 30%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return Sign-on bonus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My employer paid me a sign-on bonus of $5K two months ago when I joined them. The employment contract says that I should return the money if I choose to leave the company within a year. I have decided to leave the company for personal reasons. My question is that I was paid only $3117.50...

Sign-on bonus taxes [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I started working in July 04 (was in college before then). I received a signon bonus from my company, before I started work. Hence, I was not taxed on it before starting. I was supposed to have been after I started working, but that never happened. So I know for this return I should be...

Sign on bonus repayment [ 1 Answers ]

I have to repay my sign on bonus because I resign from my job before I had completed 1 year of employment. My sign on bonus was $5,000 gross and $3,217.5 net after tax (which I received). My company asks me to pay back $4,617.5. I don't understand why I should reimburse more than the net I have...

Sign-on bonus - taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I currently live and work in nyc and am considering taking a position with a company in New Jersey. They are offering me a sign-on bonus and I was curious what percentage I would need to pay in taxes and if that would be deducted up-front. Is a sign-on bonus treated the same as a "regular" bonus...

Returning a sign-on bonus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I received a sign-on bonus of $15,000 in 2005 that was reported as income on my W-2. (actual amount received was $10,102.50 after taxes). I have recently left that job and need to return the sign-on bonus. My company wants me to return the $10,102.50 + $3,750 for federal taxes since my...

View more questions Search