Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msgsgt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Will a whole house water softner cause water pulsation problems
    Have a problem with a fairly new home on city water, water at kitchen sink pulsates when shower is turned on and gets worse as other fixtures are turned on. Shower will also pulsate as other fixtures are turned on. This appears to be an issue with main pressure since it occurs in both hot and cold water. It is not a tankless or on demand hot water system. I have found the only common in the system is a whole home water softner. I can not find a backflow preventer or a PRV in the system. Any help?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 10:50 PM
    Push the By-Pass valve on the water softener and see if the problem continues... Back to you... Milo
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2011, 01:06 AM
    Is this well water or a municipal water system?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2011, 06:05 AM
    Answer jlisenbes question and then bypass the softener as Milo suggests. Some softeners don't have a built on by-pass but three valves, (see image) to bypass shut off the two on the vertical lines and open the one on the horizontal side. Let us know the results. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water softner [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn on the cold water or flsh the toilet, there is a horrible rattle noise coming from the directioin of the water softner, however the hot water heater is in that corner of the garage as well. The noise is so bad is seems like the house is rattling apart

Water Softner [ 2 Answers ]

When I woke up this morning there is a puddle of water in my garage by our MacClean Water Softner System. The water seems to be coming from the Mineral Tank Base. What does this mean?

Hot water - water softner [ 3 Answers ]

I have a water softener and it hasn't been running its cycles. I plugged it in to another out let and the water has been running and ran for 2 hrs. or more. I checked the salt tank and no water is in there. The water pipe on the left was open, the center one closed and the one on the right is...

Water Softner Problems [ 11 Answers ]

I recently installed all new plumbing with all new drain lines. The previous owner put a new kenmore water softner 3 years ago. It works every now and then. The water smells bad and I know that it has something to with the water softner. Lets put it this way... I bought the house 1 year ago and...

View more questions Search