Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nohope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
    I owe Canadian credit card company $8k and could not pay anything due to loss of job
    I am wondering as what are the consequences of default. Can they stop me from renewing my passport?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 05:48 PM
    No it will not effect your passport. The company can sue you in court, they can get a judgement against you and garnish your wages when you get work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe credit card for $6000 and the credit card company subpoena me? [ 7 Answers ]

What should I do? I'm currently unemployed but I have money in my 401k. I offered the credit company $100 per month but they don't want to accept it. Will the judge give me a judgement to take my 401 k or will the judge accept my offer of $100 per mont? Please advise.

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Owe about 30,000 in credit card debt,I am 63 yrs. I have pay plans but cannot pay any [ 1 Answers ]

Have a payment plan but i am not able to pay anymore,husband out of work.what can i do?

Can't pay credit card due to being on SSI [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When I was well and had a good job, I opened a credit card with a $3000.00 credit balance. I was paying every month and then got an allergic reaction to a medication they had me on for Crohn's Disease. The effects were so devastating that I lost my job and stupidly used the card for...

View more questions Search