Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandon.jr Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 01:50 PM
    I have a party at 6:00pm and a funeral to attend at 6:30pm, what should I do?
    I don't like looking at people dead, and the party is in north rigevill, and the funeral in Lorain, and my mom will not let me go to the party, so what should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Do what your mother says - don't go to the party.

I assume you mean Ridgeville. Don't go to either event. Instead, say home and do your homework.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 21, 2011, 01:56 PM
    Does the word RESPECT mean nothing to you ?
    As you have already asked you mother and she has given her negative response, I guess that's all there is to say.

I would advise you to respect her wishes.
    At EIGHT years old you really have NO choice at all in this situation.

Also a funeral does NOT involve "looking at people dead" it is the final internment of their mortal remains.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 02:03 PM
    I agree with the others, you need to do what your mother wishes. I also do not like open casket funerals, if that is what you are referring to. I personally attend the funeral, but I do not go up to the open casket, I say my goodbyes privately in prayer while sitting in my seat respectfully and during internment.

My suggestion is you do the same thing. Right now in your life parties seem more important, but plenty of them come and go. People are memorialized and respect is given to the dead during one set of ceremonies that will not happen again. Go and support your family. Party next weekend.

Oct 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
    OK cliffARobinson :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
    Thank you for coming to our site to ask your question. I know how you feel about funerals. I'll say a prayer for you and your family... it'll be all right.

Oct 21, 2011, 07:23 PM
    I'm done with funerol.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Did you stay seated and pray for the person, family and friends? >>edited<<
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffARobinson View Post
    Did you stay seated and prey for the person, family and friends?
    Pray you mean? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be rude not to attend party? [ 13 Answers ]

Just got invited to a surprise party to celebrate the milestone birthday (40!) of a friend of mine. My former friend is also invited and is going. I really don't want to run into her. My husband says it's rude because I saw her at school all the time and we talked, I am just not in the mood to deal...

Can someone please check over these I need to know ASAP please, hopefully by 11:30pm [ 0 Answers ]

1. It takes longer than eight years to retire a $24,000 loan at 8% if the annual payment is $3,000. 2. An annuity of $100 for ten years is currently less valuable if interest rates are 10% instead of 12%.

I need to take a urine test tomorrow at 5:30pm [ 3 Answers ]

I finished drinking 48 ounces of beer at 11:30pm. I need to take a UA tomorrow at my P.O. office at 5:30pm. Will I test positive for alcohol? I am a female and I weigh about 130 lbs.

View more questions Search