Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnjc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 10:37 PM
    Full size headboard and queen size bed
    I have found a full size headboard that measures 60" at it's widest. My bed is queen size. The guy in the thrift store told me it wouldn't work, but it is exactly what I want. Can I make it work?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 04:28 AM
    In north america, full size bed across is 54 in. queen is 60 in. So I guess you got yourself a headboard if the one in the shop measures 60 in. but take a tape measure with you next time to make sure.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 21, 2011, 04:54 AM
    Headboard attaches to the bed frame. Usually there are slots on both the frame and the headboard where its bolted to the frame. These slots need to line up. Its possible the headboard extend out over the legs, giving you some leeway.

However, you can jury rig something by screwing a piece of board to legs of the headboard and drilling holes to line up with the frame. How this will look in your bedroom is up to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 06:06 AM
    You may have to purchase a different type of bed frame, ( one that stands alone without use of the head board.

But if you watch any DIY TV you will see that often head boards are fastened to the wall and not even actually attached to the bed frame, They make them out of old doors, cloth covered items and more.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Most newer headboards are set up for full or queen with a set of holes 3" apart on each side. If there are none, carriage bolt a 1X6 behind the bed, connected to the angle tabs. Then, connect your headboard to the 1X6. I just made a headboard for a queen from a very ornate inlaid dresser top. Looks great.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 04:35 PM
    I am with Fr_Chuck on this, mount it like a hotel headboard, right to the wall free from the frame

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Slats for full size bed [ 3 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new mattress and box spring. I have been told that I need to supply three full size bed slats. I need the dimensions and type of wood that should be used so I can purchase them at my nearest Home Depot or Lowe's. I specifically need the length required. I need this answer...

Queen size headboard/full size bed frame and matress [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put a queen size headboard on a full size bed frame and matress. Will this work? I am trying to purchase the headboard off Craigslist and need to know ASAP! Thanks for any help

Size of full size bed slats [ 1 Answers ]

What are the length dimensions of a full size bed slat

Queen size frame-full size mattress [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full size mattress set and want to know if it can be used with a queen size bed frame? I heard there was a kit that can be used to make it fit.

Full size headboard, Queen size bed Frame [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy attachments that will allow me to fasten my full size headboard to my queen size bedframe? I am having a bit of trouble finding one.

View more questions Search