Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chipkinsitka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 09:36 PM
    Right of way while driving
    I come to a four way signal light. The light is green. I'm signaling to make a right turn. The driver opposite me is signaling to turn left. Who has the right of way.
    EllieD89 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2011, 12:00 AM
    If I'm understanding correctly you are both trying to turn down the same block. If that is the case then as long as you were both waiting at the red light when it turned green and you hadn't just approached it then You would be the one to have the right of way.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Please do not double post questions. Your question was asked and answered here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/etique...es-605605.html
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Yes, you would be the first to turn.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 09:33 AM
    The right turn has the right of way, at a green traffic light ( not one with arrows and signaled turns)
    Since you are turning within your own lane and the other driver will have to cross your lane of traffic to make the turn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Driving [ 5 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to get your license?

Driving on Driving Permit [ 1 Answers ]

HI all, I was caught for driving on a permit w/o a driver's license, and no licensed co passenger besides me. The cop gave me a summon which I can plead guilty or not in 10 days. The fine is $109. If I plead guilty I don't know how many points will be taken off. I have International Driving...

View more questions Search