Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
    How to make blu ray player wireless using a wireless network adapter
    I'd like to connect my Magnavox Blu Ray player (Model No. NB500MG1F) to my wireless network. Can I do this using a network adapter?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 3, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Check within the settings menu to see if there are wireless adapter settings if a adapter in not installed in your player you will need to contact the manufacture to see if wireless is supported on this device. If it is you should buy the adapter sold buy the manufacture. DVD players and set top boxes run software specific to the device and there is usually no easy method to add drivers to support hardware options and configurations not supplied by the manufacture. Many set top boxes and other appliances use some variation of Linux and several devices have been hacked you will need to do research to see if your model is one. This model has been offered by several large retailers at a low price for a Blueray player so there should be a lot of them out there maybe someone has hacked it.
    If a factory supported wireless card is not available you can use wireless bridge placed near the player and cable from bridge to player.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Wireless network adapter usb realtek [ 2 Answers ]

I have a WLAN USB adapter it's a realtek and it came with a setup cd but my netbook doesn't have a cd drive, is their any way to set it up on another computer then transfer it to this one by flash drive or something? Or do I have to download something please help, thanks

Wireless Network Adapter not showing up in Virtual Server! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the breakdown: I have Virtual PC 2007 I have Windows Server 2003 installed When I go into Network adapters (on the virtual PC) my Wirless Card is not being shown. I have enabled Virtual Services on the adapter via Network and Sharing Center/Manage Network Connections/My...

View more questions Search