Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chipkinsitka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Driving right away rules?
    Coming to a stop at a four signal. Light is green. I want to make a right hand turn. The person opposite me also is signaling to turn right. Who has the right of way?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
    You both do. If both of you are turning right and you are opposite each other, the both of you can move without impacting the other. The problem would occur if the other driver was making a LEFT, therefore, both of you would turning into the same street in the SAME direction.
    chipkinsitka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 09:29 PM
    My bad he is turning left. I'm turning right
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 21, 2011, 03:32 AM
    Ahh, then you have the right of way.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Correct assuming you both arrived at the intersection at the same time and there are no arrows. In most states the laws tell you right of way is given not taken, always be cautious
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
    I agree with the others on this. Keep in mind that as you turn right at a green light you don't typically come to a full stop (unless traffic or pedestrians on the side street force you to). But the fellow coming the other way who wants to turn left should be at a complete stop - he cannot proceed in case you decide to go straight through the intersection. As noted - this assumes that you both arrive at the intersection at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Driving on Driving Permit [ 1 Answers ]

HI all, I was caught for driving on a permit w/o a driver's license, and no licensed co passenger besides me. The cop gave me a summon which I can plead guilty or not in 10 days. The fine is $109. If I plead guilty I don't know how many points will be taken off. I have International Driving...

The Rules [ 1 Answers ]

More Signs Technology Took Over Your Life - You know Bill Gates' e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number. - You stop saying "phone number" and replace it with "voice number," since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into...

View more questions Search