Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nsugurl20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Characters in this novel assume a variety of disguises.
    Characters in this novel assume a variety of disguises. These range from "Tom"'s passing as a white man to Roxy's dressing as a man to the dresses "Tom" uses when he's robbing houses. How does the use of literal disguises relate to the use of racial "disguises"? How does the use of disguises provide a commentary on identity? On race? What does Twain seem to be saying that we can infer about our own sense of racial identity?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Perhaps you'll also mention which novel you are asking about?

And what have you decided so far?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In a 2 hour movie, How many main characters and other characters should you have? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm making a movie and I have 7 main characters and about 12 enemies/badguys/antagonists. I don't know if this is a good way to do it.. or should I reduce the number of main characters. The movie is animation and I'm not a professional movie maker. Just hobbiest

Why does montesorri present such a variety for the conceot of multiplication? [ 4 Answers ]

Why does montesorri present such a variety for the conceot of multiplication? Give example and mention the differrent emphasis in each.

90's movie where girl disguises herself as a boy to be accepted in the group [ 8 Answers ]

I'm looking for the title to a 90's movie geared towards older children. A girl disguises herself as a boy to be accepted by a group of boys. A scene that sticks out in my mind most is when they were all fishing and a hook got stuck in one of the boys' hand and she tried to act manly about it even...

I have a lot of girlfriend problems (wide variety). [ 6 Answers ]

Im 21 my girlfriend calls her ex's on a daily basis. Or they call her. They spend up to 6 hrs on the phone. She constantly runs to her PC to see if anyone is online. All of her msn friends are ex's. I feelthat she hates me everyday. She hates her weight. I really don't thinkshe loves me anymore and...

View more questions Search