Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cldepalma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Holding a Mortgage
    Are there age limitations for someone to hold a mortgage? What if homeowner is under 18?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 20, 2011, 07:16 AM
    In most states children under 18 can't legally sign a contract. So the person would need a parent/guardian to sign on his behalf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holding a mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a two family in Jersey City and own it free and clear. I would like to if anyone know's the advantages or disadvantages of holding a mortgage. Thank You

Holding a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I have 1.5 acres of vacant land and have been approached by a buyer to purchase 1 acre of it. He has agreed to pay all expenses on survey, deed transfer, environmental study, fencing between the acre and half acre, we agreed on a price of 50,000, verbally. Now he has contacted me and wants me to...

Holding a mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a home recently in Upstate New York. The house is in good shape, insured. I touched it up and put it up for sale, everything works. My agent found a buyer who wants to purchase the house if I hold the mortgage. 10 pct down. Monthly payments, with a balloon payment (the balance due plus...

Holding a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What are the procedures for holding a mortgage?

Holding a Mortgage for someone. [ 2 Answers ]

We were in the process of putting our house on the market when I ran into a friend (more an aquaintance)... she & her family are looking to get out of their rental and buy something but they cannot go through a bank for a loan due to their religion. They do have a very large amount to give as a...

View more questions Search