Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nwwrich01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 05:17 AM
    Patio Door Leak
    I have a strange leaking problem with my french style patio door. Whenever there is a strong wind and rain the door leaks. It runs down the inside of the header to the drop ceiling in the basement. Not a bunch of water, but enough to get the my insulation and ceiling tile wet. I have checked every outside hole and edge around door and caulked where needed. Still leaks.Seems to be only in the corners. Can't figure out where water is coming from. Any help? Thank you!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2011, 07:01 AM
    To determine where leak originated, use a garden hose to simulate the rain. Start at bottom corner of door and let run for about 3 minutes. Check across the whole sill moving a little at a time, then up the sides.

Once u find where leak is coming in will be easier to fix.

If leak is under sill, seal with silicone. Be sure seal is complete with no voids.

Need more help get back to us.

Chuck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sliding patio door repair [ 12 Answers ]

How do I repair a sliding glass patio door? It is very hard to open and close. I tried to replace the rollers, but I couldn't get the door out of the frame.

Sliding patio door track [ 3 Answers ]

The track on my aluminum patio sliding doors is curling up on both ends.. . Will a rail topper work for this? Do I remove the old one then put on the topper? Thanks, Troy

Leak under Patio Door [ 4 Answers ]

We recently installed French Patio Doors and when it rains it leaks under the corners of each side of the door. The water comes in and tends to run from the corners of the door down the side of the wall. At this time, it has not been leaking heavily but there is tile on the floor inside the house...

Patio Door Replacements by GAPCO [ 6 Answers ]

Have sliding patio door gone bad and would like to replace it with like door but cannot find any info on GAPCO doors. I did find the company on the web but the phone number did not work. Does anyone know anything about them or if they are still in business? Also is there any other doors that would...

Basement leak due to new agg patio [ 1 Answers ]

I had an aggregate patio poured directly up against my brick house. During a heavy rain I found water in my basement. I traced the leak to an area where there is an approx. 1/2 - 1" gap between the expansion paper and the brick wall. This gap is approximately 6" long. The water puddles there...

View more questions Search