Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Feb 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
    LEt me throw my hat into the ring of men drumped by women the exact line that you've all referenced... I know now that she did what she did because she was afraid of me making her my life (perhaps a legitimate fear) as well as the trial of distance. I just wish she'd have at least attempted to work it out with me instead of dumping me on the spot.

She also told me that it wasn't me, it was her needing to be selfish at this point in her life. This, of course, after telling me that I was her other half before getting on the plane to fly to a different country (exact quote: "No number of seas can make me forget you" - now she doesn't even talk to me!). I can sympathize because I'm sure you all feel used, for having put so much into something only to find out that the other person didn't need you/want you involved with their important life choices... Specifically, that they looked at the pros and cons of their life and came to a rational (or irrational) decision that things would be better off if you simply vanished

It's hard and it sucks... But it's not gender specific. Like I said, I'm a man who has taken this very blow (and let me tell you, with a male ego, it smarts something fierce!). I think my generation specifically suffers from this because there's such an emphasis on hard work overwhelming the lives of successful, driven and beautiful young women such that they feel that relationships are a burden on their futures, making it desirable to wait until age 30 or more to even consider having another person around as more than a friend or friend-with-benefits.
    vanessas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
    In a sad majority of the cases, it is really that the other person is not sure of their feelings for you anymore and it is a sadly pathetic and convenient excuse for them to make an exit.. I have been through this as well and it sucks... they are not sure of the relationship.. so blaming their "need of space" for the break gives them their freedom, and also because they didn't blame you or their lack of feelings for the break up.. they leave a chance open to get you back... it's a cowardly way, for someone who is not sure they want the relationship.. and not sure they are aren't making a mistake in giving it up.. the best thing to do here is to give them that space and cut off all contact so that they feel that it was a mistake they made in giving you up and will definitely 100% contact you again.. if you keep texting, emailing, and initiating contact.. you will kill any chance you have at getting them back..
    Choosy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Lots of gals and women do the same things.I broke up with my gal friend just because ,she wanted to concentrate on her career,new friends and new college life.I was ready and almost sacrificed my career,dreams and friends for her but She broke up by stating a single thought without recalling those sacrifices.I mean to say both the genders have the same tendency and ways of getting out of a relationship.
    roxychicka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 12:40 PM
    So Rol, it's been 3 years since, what was it just an excuse, or he found himself? Just wondering?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Focus Vibration [ 1 Answers ]

What can cause vibration when engine is running, without vehicle moving. Feels like it's caused by the engine, motor mounts, etc. No noise and doesn't get heavier once you drive. Thank You

Cigarette lighter removal in ford focus [ 1 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to remove a cigarette lighter in a 2005 ford focus?

How do I replace front axle on ford focus? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , has anyone relaced a front axle on a 2000 ford Focus? I got the axle out of the hub assembly end but how do I pull it out of the trans case? It broke off in an accident so all that's left is the uv joint can or casing going into the trans.

2002 Ford Focus [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased my car and from time to time the car will not start I had a car alarm in it and it was taken out by a certified technician. It has been looked over several times. However, when it does not start if you remove the ignition relay and put it back in the car starts right up! Any idea's...

Men Only? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and some of his harley riding buddies took off last Friday for a guy only trip. I am the only girlfriend or wife that rides her own bike and feel ripped off that I could not go away for the long weekend. My boyfriend before he left said he didn't understand why I couldn't go and why...

View more questions Search