Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    U90177 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Vapor Barrier
    Should I put a vapor barrier under a metal roof that has livestock in the pole barn building? If so could you help we with a product names?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 02:23 PM
    I don't know what purpose it would serve in such an open space. What are you trying to accomplish? A vapor barrier is usually installed to reduce water migration between porous surfaces, walls and floors and between heated and non heated spaces.
    Port_Ludlow_Bob Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
    I assume you are trying to stop condensation from forming on the under side of the metal roof. If this is the case, then yes. Simple 15# felt will work for you, available at any home improvement store, Home Depot etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vapor barrier in Bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

I am doing a bathroom remodel in my Central PA home. I have heard several different opinions on how to install a vapor barrier. I was told by one person that I should install unfaced insulation on all exterior walls and then install a 4 mil poly vapor barrier. After that, I should install green...

Vapor barrier in ceiling? [ 2 Answers ]

My Kitchen has an old panel typed ceiling which I really dislike and is starting to show unevenness due to the old glue coming undone. Plan is to just rip it down and replace it with drywall. However I have a question about installing a vapor barrier.. Right now it is just ceiling titles, then...

Vapor barrier behind greenboard. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: In doing greenboard sheetrock in a bathroom, I have been told that I should not use a vapor barrier over the insulation for outside walls. If this is correct then why? In addition is any problem expected if regular drywall screws are used instead of stainless Screws? What...

Double vapor barrier [ 1 Answers ]

Will there be a potential problem using a DOUBLE vapor barrier as in the following setup? Bedrooms were cold/drafty. Removed the drywall on the outer walls, sealed all leaks and put in new insulation. The insulation has the paper vapor barrier attached, installed toward the heated room. As...

Vapor barrier needed? [ 2 Answers ]

Installed 9" of spray foam insulation (Sealection 800) in roof system (R=38) in a home in Massachusetts. Bldg Inspector says we need a vapor barrier, but manufacturer says no barrier is needed with this product. Anybody have any knowledge in this area? Does open cell/closed cell make a...

View more questions Search