Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brodonn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Exhaust fans runs all the time but burnner goes out
    I have a 6 year old comfortmaker furnace that has stop heating. The exhaust fans runs all the time but the burner goes out after a couple of minutes. I've had repair men out and it seems every time they arrive, the heat starts working fine again. This usually happens once every year but this year, it's been two days now. When the repair man arrived, he found ice on the intake vent and after clearing it, the pressure increased and the system began working. After they left, the system shut down again. The motor on the exhaust fan is hot, and is registering 9 amp but should be 8 amps. I've changed the pressure switch, the intake pipes are 3 inches and I'm wondering if the motor could be the problem?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Feb 6, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Comfortmakers are notorious for being sensative to icing, as well as incorrectly pitched vent/intake piping. Have the service tech check the pitch of the pipes and make sure there are no sags or low spots in the runs. A small amount of standing water in the intake pipe will shut it down...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan runs all the time [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day & Night Plus 80 model 395CAV 1992 vintage. I had some work done on the propane line coming into the house and forgot to turn on the gas before starting up the heater. I was also having problems with the thermostat losing the temperature setting at the same time. The heater did...

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Exhaust vent [ 4 Answers ]

We have a new furnace located in the basement with a PVC exhaust pipe. The exhaust exits the house through the wall at the floor joists and is turned down toward the ground with a 90 degree elbow. Is this a common practice? I just assumed that it would exhaust through the roof as the old systems...

View more questions Search