Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chetchi90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Nursing schools
    Im from N.J. and I am a junior right now, I am thinking about pursuing a career in the medical field any good choices for colleges?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Chetchi90,

You are thinking of purusing a career in a field that is lacking in so many ways and is in great need of good people. It is a very fulfilling field in and of itself.

Now with that said, what field would you like to go into in medicine? Becoming a doctor, Registered Nurse, License Practical Nurse, Radiologist, the choices are endless.

Personally I am in school to be a RN. I chose to start with a local community college that has the highest NCLEX scores in my area. I chose that because I am a non-traditional student (I am 42 with 4 kids) and cannot afford a University at this time. There is an honors society called Phi Theta Kappa, which I belong to, that provides scholarships to Universities once the member graduates from the community college. So I plan on graduating from CC and then going on to a University for my Bachelors and then Masters degrees.

There are MANY choices, and they need to be tailored to your interest and needs.

Good luck to you, it is a very rewarding career choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montesorri Schools [ 6 Answers ]

I am considering enrolling my children, ages 4 and 6, into a Montessori school in the fall. I have all the information, have been to the Montessori websites, and done a fair bit of research on it. I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions about the Montessori schools. If anyone has...

Nursing home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My sister called me last night and said that she was thinking about putting my father in a nursing home.she said that she went to a meeting that the speaker said that if one of the spouses goes to a nursing home the other spouse could keep up to 60,000 dollars , anything above that in bank...

Maritime Law Schools [ 1 Answers ]

Am presently serving as a Second Mate on Merchant Marine Ships and am looking forward to enrol for a maritime Law school to upgrade my educational Qualification and pursue a career as a Marine Lawyer. I will be grateful if you can provide me with the details of the universities offering the...

Good psychics schools [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in the paranormal, and since my father committed suicide I have wanted to find out if he is still here or went to another place... I would like to get some real information on good psychic schools so that I can find him. Can anyone help me?

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search