Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugdaddie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
    No Cold Water to washing machine--new machine still has same problem
    My washing machine stopped filling with cold water when necessary. Because it was an old machine and sometimes didn't spin out, I replaced it. The new (used) machine also doesn't have cold water. The valve works just fine, but has a little drip. Unless I am incredibly unlucky and have two machines with solenoid problems, I can't imagine what is going on. If I turn the hot water tap off, leaving the cold tap open, hot water continues to fill in the machine. How can the machine access hot water if the hot water tap is off? We use a hose from the laundry sink to add cold water to the machine and if it isn't at just the right level, the water pressure fluctuates and occasionally pipes knock somewhere in the house. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Are you sure you don't have the hoses reversed in the back ?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Not quite sure what your saying here!. I take it this is a automatic?

I had to get a new one about 5 years ago now,when it was put in I noticed that there was only one hose.
    I asked the engineer/fitter about it,he said all new machines now only have one hose,the hot and the cold come through the same hose.This leaves you with a spare tape at the back of the machine which would have been the hot water feed,the one hose is fitted to the cold water feed.. everything passes through there.

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Lets start again. You have 2 hoses and 2 connections, marked hot and cold-Yes? Some very new machines can be operated cold only but not sure this is what you have.
    acejr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
    My washing machine has very little cold water coming out. Stop spinning

Jun 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
    Washing machine has little cold water coming out. Stop spinning

Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM
    May washing machine has little to no water coming out. Also it has stop spinning, what should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine cold water intake [ 3 Answers ]

I have a build up of a metallic susbtance at the cold water intake trap that goes into the washing machine. I remove the hose, clean out the substance with q-tips, replace the hose and wait for the build up to appear again. I have replaced the hoses to the washing machine, have no build up at any...

Why is the cold water only dribbling into my washing machine? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the city so I am on city water. Just recently My cold water only dribbles into my washing machine. Help Please!

Limited cold water coming into washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Kenmore 70 Series washing machine. When I turn it on I get plenty of hot water, but only a trickle of cold water. I confirmed this by switching the water temperature selection to cold only. Could this be caused by a faulty inlet valve or is it something else? Thanks!

Hot but no cold water to washing machine [ 4 Answers ]

My washer will only fill up with hot water even though I have it on warm. When I try to turn on cold, water does not flow. I've taken off the hoses and run water through them thinking they were clogged but they're fine. I've turned on faucets that lead to washer and water comes out fine. I recently...

Cold water not coming out in washing machine [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water dribbles into the washing machine when loading; I checked hose connecting machine to faucet in back. The screens were dirty; every time I do load the screens get dirty again. Is stuff coming out of the faucet? It seems to me. What does that mean? The hot water faucet is fine. My...

View more questions Search