Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samuels54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Relationship issue: She wants to take a "break" to think more
    So me and this girl have been talking for 5 months. Though we never established it officially, we were practically bf/gf. Recently, she asked me if she could go out to eat w/ a friend guy who was coming back to visit a neighboring college from us. I said I didn't mind, but really didn't feel that way inside. It was from this point that issues started occurring. I started to question a lot of things she did and said. I saw messages of her talking to guys she met going out. Though the messages didn't hint at anything bad in particular, I still felt it was wrong for her to talk to these guys (who she claimed were only going to be on "friend" terms) when 1) we are together and 2) the unlikelihood of those really being friendships (especially when she just met them). That didn't make sense.

I confronted her about it and she tried to explain how she didn't see it as a bad thing, because she was only being friendly. She eventually agreed that I was right, and that she could see how that wasn't good for us. I was still so upset that I told her we needed a break so I could sort things out in my head. I was pissed. She stayed at my place that night after the arguement; and because my questioning of what she was really doing, I sneaked and synced her txt message to my email (this is craaazy, I know). So during this "break" I was able to see who/what she was saying via text to people. I saw that she was still talking to some of these guys. So after 2 days I told her we should meet up and talk again about my thoughts. I indirectly provided her a way to tell me the truth of whether she was continuing to talk to these other guys during the time we were on a "break", but she lied and said she stopped. I told her that I knew she was BS'ing and got her to confess she did lie. She said she lied because she was scared I would get mad and us not be together. When I asked her why didn't she just stop talking to these guys, she said she did it subconsciously (she guesses) to protect herself from me because I didn't want to be in a relationship a while back, even though we've done everything as if we were a couple. I left her that night saying I'm done w/ her.

She ended up finding out about the messages being synced as called me. As she agreed maybe we shouldn't be together, I switched roles and said I wanted to make things work. I told her I THOUGHT about syncing the messages but I never went through w/ it. She still believes this , and doenst know I actually did. With that said she said she would have to think about us continuing anything because for me to think of something that crazy was a lot (I agree that was extreme). I complied and gave her space. Its been a week now, and we hardly ever communicated (texted a few times, but that's it). We were suppose to meet up today to talk, but she texted back say "aaah I've been super busy and forgot. Can we reschedule?". Since Fall Break starts today, she wanted to wait until after that to talk to me and say how she feels. I wrote her a letter last night explaining how I felt and pleaing to her. She texted this morning saying that she really does the sincere change in me and the letter meant a lot. But she still wanted to wait until after break.

This is the 2nd time she has postponed on me. The time before, was a few days ago. She already told me she has thought long enough to know how she feels before. So why is she continually postponing me on her thoughts? What's the point? Thoughts pleaseeeee!thanks
    Mona82811 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 11:18 AM
    I Think She Needs Time To Think.. &About Goinq Throuqh Her Messaqes I Understand Why Yuuh Went Throuqh Them.. But Give Her Time To Think Maybe She Does Want to Be With Yuuh But She Wants To Fiqure Out A Way To Tell Yuuh Or Maybe She Doesn't.. If She Doesnt&Yuuh Really Lovee Her Stand By Her Throuqh Everythinq&Show Her Yuuh Really Do Care She Will Notice Somedaay(: Think On The Positive Side.. Those Other Guys Are Just Friends Don't Worry About Them She With YUUH Not Them.&If She Got To The Point Were She Lied About Not Talkinq To The Guys She Must Care&Still Want to Be With You.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Since there is no relationship, there is no commitment, or agreement, so you are out of line snooping, and confronting her. You are both liars through your actions, for whatever reasons and this isn't a relationship, nor a proper friendship, without honesty from both sides, so forget this.

If you haven't gotten it together in 5 months, I fail to see how it will work out, and be a healthy, happy, relationship. You both have poisoned the possibility in my opinion.

Sorry, I don't see it.
    Samuels54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 02:46 PM
    @Talaniman, you're right that there was never any establishment and that I shouldn't have snooped any her busy. I was def wrong for that. But our "relationship" was not bad by any means initially. Everything has been great, until the period of week recently. Though we never termed ourselves as being bf/gf, we did everything as if we were on that level. There was just no label.

@Mona82811. Thank you. I've just had conflicting thoughts now as to if she really does want something from us. Though I need to be patient, this continuance in delays makes me think these possibilities of whether she trully wants to continue. I don't that at all that she cares about me. I just doubt that she wants to continue, and that's why this issue is still being post-poned. Maybe I'm over analyzing though, know clue lol.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Maybe you don't know how to let go, and not be worried about keeping some one who ain't in it to win it with you.

When in doubt, step back, and let the facts of the matter emerge, but lack of honest communications, and deceit have poisoned whatever you thought was going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to handle a "break" in the relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok well I was with a girl for over a year and a half. And although there was niggles in the relationship we were fine. Then work moved her to a different branch which is a good hour and a half bus ride to get to and from, so when she starts at 8 she has to be up at 6 and then she doesn't get home...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Relationship Problems.I just don't get the "break" [ 7 Answers ]

Ok this is my story. I started talking to my best friends cousin and we really clicked. Just one problem... I'm 19 and she's 15. I talked to her mom about it and she didn't have a problem with it cause she's know me since I was little. I asked my best friend if he had any problems with us dating...

9 month relationship, 1 week break, she wants to "start over" [ 34 Answers ]

All the threads about this relationship have been merged First off, I am a 28 y/o male. My ex is 26 y/o. We have dated about 9 months. Throughout the beginning of the relationship, she would almost every month go through these "we're not right for eachother" things, which began to wear on me....

View more questions Search