Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mckeown526 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 08:35 AM
    What size ground wire do I need for a 10 mega-Hertz ground 400 feet long?
    We are adding a new ground that is 400 feet away, and we need to size it for 10 mega-Hertz. Can you please tell me the size cable that we need to install?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Is this you asking the same question at Yahoo?

I need to know how large of a cable I need to run for a 10 mega-Hertz ground 400 feet long? - Yahoo! Answers

My answer will be the same, grounding conductors are not sized by megahertz, but by the electrical system rating, without getting into too much detail.

We need more detail from you, what is this for, what is the electrical system details, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use a ground wire for a ground and live black or hot wire at the same time? [ 8 Answers ]

I only have 3 wires from my ceiling to connect to my fan/light, the black, white and bare ground. No problems setting up in this room to only one switch but I would like to have the duel fan/light switch in like in my other rooms without having to pull a wire from the ceiling down to the switch,...

Correct method to RUN copper ground wire to ground a 200 amp electrical circuit box? [ 0 Answers ]

Is a 3-wire copper ground or a solid copper wire required to ground a 200 amp electrical box? Is this wireing correct: A 3-wire copper ground wire in a conduit run from the electrical panel to the copper rod in the ground then to the cold water; AND THEN IN THE GARAGE the naked 3-wire...

Nec-covering of ground wire from the ground rod to the water pipecables [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new service meter panel and ground rod. The ground rod is connected to the meter panel via a #4 copper wire to a water pipe located 10 feet away. Is is allowable to bury the #4 wire between the ground rod and water pipe to keep it from being a trip hazard and protect the wire? ...

Above ground pool: Wire size and burial method? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm planning to run a pair of circuits to the backyard for an above ground pool. The pool pump + salt cell requires a 20 amp @ 120 volts circuit, and I calculated that #8 AWG conductors are required to keep the voltage drop below 3%; the run is about 190 feet. The second circuit will only be...

View more questions Search