Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IDALIADREAM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Help! Ear Completely Bitten Off
    PLEASE HELP! My friend was in a fight tonight and 'his opponent' bit off his entire ear! The doctors at the emergency room are telling him because there were no blood vessels to attach, they could not reattach his ear. He is now undergoing surgery to 'close' his ear. He is devastated, feels "like a freak" and is unemployed with no insurance. What can be done to help him... otoplasty? Ear reconstruction? Prosthesis? Anything? Please, any advice would be fully appreciated and welcome! Thank you so much!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Closed it? That does not sound right. With the canal open, a prosthetic ear could be used and the hearing should be fine. As for looks, I knew a guy with a prosthetic ear, and to be honest no one would know it just by looking.

... I'm just really surprised they would close it altogether. If it were me I'd rush off for a 2nd opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent!help!dog Bitten By A Bee Or... [ 14 Answers ]

1/2 hr. ago - my dog baby was so ecstatic to catch a bee (wasp or hornet)i do not know difference)this all happened so fast,because although i didn't actually see this happen,as i just arrived in the kitchen to find baby & her best friend ginger,the cat, gleefully running around chasing it!baby may...

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

Factoring Completely [ 1 Answers ]

Ineed help to factor this problem... 2x^7-16x^4:confused:

Stung/bitten by a coral... what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was bitten or stung by a pink coral ( that's what he saw) 2 weeks ago during their diving activity. The area (in the legs) that was stung/bitten by coral is still very itchy. It grows like a mosquito bite, but super itchy. He tried putting it white vinegar but still no effect. I asked...

View more questions Search