Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Etcetera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
    Finish for a Sauder desk?
    I've attempted to use Minwax on a Sauder desk to re-finish it, and it doesn't seem like it is actually sticking to it after over a full day's worth of drying. When I take a towel and rub it, it comes right off.

1) How can I fully remove this so that I'm not constantly getting wood finish stains on other things?

2) What can I do to fix the areas that should be re-finished?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Did you strip the old finish(sealer) off or just sand it lightly? Are you sure the top is wood? Use mineral spirits to remove the Minwax. Minwax will not penetrate old sealer and takes forever to dry. You must remove all the old sealer before using minwax. Minwax can states "remove....existing finish"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to sauder a coupling on a leaking pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Have a leaking copper pipe at the main.tried to sauder a coupling on the pipeut sauder wouldn't stick.any tios?

Desk want boot up all the way can I send a boot disk from my laptop to the desk hard [ 1 Answers ]

Desktop want boot up give me a disk boot failue I do not have disk to insert how do I get it to bootup

Finish [ 5 Answers ]

Want to refinish a night table. It has a veneer coating which has cracked and chipped. I'd like to get it off. Any suggestions,

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

Can't Finish [ 11 Answers ]

For a while my boyfriend has had trouble finishing, he says he just feels no sensation while we are having sex. The oether day when we were having sex he had trouble finishing again but he managed too. We just want to know if there are anyway to enhance the sensation or what can be done.

View more questions Search