Ask
    huggable_girl17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Touch screen
    What is the advantages and disadvantages of touch screen technology?-
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Firstly, touchscreen isn't really wireless.

I'll get you started with an advantage and a disadvantage, you'll have to work out others for your own.

Touch screens are very important for accessibility and usability reasons.

Other input methods require an external device for input, whether this be a mouse, a keyboard, or buttons like you see on an ATM. This is less useful in some situations, for instance a cashier at a supermarket has enough to worry about without having a mouse and keyboard to input things.

A main disadvantage is that the older technology is quite hard to use. If you are looking at an angle, then the pointer is not always where you think it should be, and it's difficult for it to determine a mouse click from a movement. (same problem you get with mouse pads). New technology is always making this less of a problem.

A good resource to use is Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It also has a list of useful links at the bottom.
    jomina09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 01:13 AM
    • big screen is ideal for web browsing, picture and movies
    • touchscreen gadgets usually have simple user interfaces, which are more intuitive (iPhone once again is a good example)
    • touchscreen devices have fewer buttons that might break after a few months/years of operation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

Why does he touch his self all the time [ 14 Answers ]

A guy I work with always touches his crotch , every time I talk to him And want to why ? Does he fancy me ? Does he think about me sexual ? Has he got crabs ? I love to know... without asking him!

Hubby's ex still keeps in touch [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been newly married for six months now, and, we've been together for six years prior. I have since met his family and friends, one particular friend who happens to be an ex-girlfriend and close friend of his family. They have remained friends throughout the years, and she and...

An Ex back in touch! [ 23 Answers ]

I was seeing a guy last year on and off for about 7 months. His name is Marc and I have known him since I was 11yrs old. We went to school together and used to hang out a lot as we were good friends. When we were seeing each other I found out he had many other girls on the go, so when he went...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search