Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TERRONNMI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 10:07 AM
    Shut off on water line
    Is it true that every water line in your house should have a shut off's and if so where is this written
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
    No not true but it's a good idea so you can isolate fixtures if repair is needed. Where do you live, plumbing codes vary.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
    In my area, (Tampa Bay)we are mandated to provide shut offs for each fixture. In all the years I've been plumbing I have never connected a fixture direct. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purposely freezing water line for shut off valve replacement? [ 14 Answers ]

Recently we realized that the main house shut off valve does not turn the water off in the house completely. So the plumber and the city tried to find the outside curb shut off box but both could not find it. It is possible that it might be in the street somewhere because that happened to my...

Hard water line sputters - soft water line does not [ 2 Answers ]

Neighbor came over asking for help. They have soft water throughout the house and hard water to the outside spigots. I stood on their basement steps and watched as he turned on a spigot in the basement hooked to the soft water line and then he went outside and turned on a hose attached to the hard...

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Shut off valve for ice maker water line not working. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to disconnect my refrig's ice maker. I went to shut off valve for water line and turned it clockwise to stop water flow. The more I turned clock wise, the more water started leaking out of the valve. I went as far as I could and it still had water leaking. When I truned counter...

Hot water shut off valve and main water line [ 8 Answers ]

I was in my way to replace faucet for basin, but my local hot water shut off valve is not working. So now I have to shut off water supply from main line. Where would that be? I have old house and my water meter is out side. Also how to change shut off valve?

View more questions Search