Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandali786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 09:49 AM
    Is my wife's interest in art a sinful thing?
    Asalam alikum sir, I wanted to ask you this question and more important solution for this as it is bringing very much fight between my wife and me,my wife is new muslim from 1 year and she is trying her best to practise islam and I will say she is very good following,as she pray 5 time prayer,fasting and all,but problem come here that she is studying art and she is painter as all her life she have studied art and now 1.5 years left that she will get master degree but she started finding in islam that it is very big sin to paint and person who will paint will be all the time in hell,as I tried to make her understand as you are studying and you don't like it this art now because of islam but still I can not satisfied her as she said she accepted islam to get save from hell but still she will be in hell than,she from heart understand it is not allowed and it is sin and she want to finish also her study,but problem is this that her parents are very against islam and friends and if she leave now already they are thinking bad as islam have destroyed her life (as she do hijab,not drinking,etc)so if she will leave her study now in this last time so they will worse with her,
    I tried to explian that ALLAH is merciful and he know your heart and your sitution so ALLAH will forgive you and after taking degree you can not paint people but she don't agree as she is very strict trying to follow islam but she can't practise this as in both way she is in loss from parents friends (which already hate her because of islam)so can you tell us some right and middle way,as she don't believe me as she said I am not scholar so please sir kindly give us some solution according to quran and hadith (some way )
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2011, 07:59 PM
    I believe in this case you both need to see an Imam not an imam that who has no knowledge of Islam, good luck.
    John
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2011, 05:52 AM
    It appears she may have only said she is converting to make you happy, Conversion comes from true belief in a teaching.
    Too often one party or another feels forced to join a religion to get married.

If you told her she was free to leave the religion would you stay with her ?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2011, 11:01 AM
    Assalamu Alaikum!

I am a new muslim, only about as new as your wife (Alhamdulillah!)

But as far as my studies show, the only painting that is haram, is paintings of live things. Because they have souls.

The painting of buildings, vases, lamps, and other inanimant things are OK. But not living things, such as people, plants, animals.

Insha'Allah my words are true to His word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an art deco clock by borin art products. The back says decra-tone any info? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a wall clock made by borin art products. The borin sticker on the back has this info, style number 15-115 (not sure about the " 5 " in the first set of numbers, here is what I am sure of.. Style number 1*-115 Under the sticker is a hand written number, 6130j5-2 It has a sticker from the...

Is it wrong/sinful/haram to fast on chandraat [ 2 Answers ]

Is it wrong/sinful/haram to fast on chandraat as I want to fast on chandraat because I don't want to miss the roza because sometimes people in india end up fasting for only 29 days because of misunderstandings relating to the moon.So I want to fast on chandraat can I or not?

When I am in church or holly places I have fear of having sinful thoughts. [ 11 Answers ]

IM A Christian,When I am in church or holly places I have fear of having sinful thoughts I am not in that situation when Im in my home or somewhere with my friends,walking.. this condition is getting worse when I am under some emotional pressures or I am tired ,I start to worry and try to control...

How to make thing better with art [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a real small question well I am an artist in paris and started drawing the eiffel tower and I messed it up half way through!! What do I do if my boss sees it?? :-/

View more questions Search