Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaun220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2004, 01:51 PM
    Xp service pack2
    I have now down loaded sp2 shoud I use the sp2 firewall and virus protection or disable it and continue to use Norton internet secruity which is up and ruuning ?
    Only all this I find a bit confusing
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 20, 2004, 08:46 PM
    Continue using Norton.
    But first, visit their site and look what they say about SP2.
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html
    In particular this (pasted from there):
    <quote>
    Q: With Service Pack 2 installed, do I even need my Symantec antivirus and firewall products?
    A: Absolutely. Although Windows® XP Service Pack 2 monitors your antivirus software, it has no antivirus capability itself. Your continued use of Norton AntiVirus is crucial to the security of your computer. Norton AntiVirus automatically detects and deletes worms, Trojan horses, and viruses without interrupting your work. Norton AntiVirus detects malicious code that is stored in compressed files and file archives, and identifies and alerts you to the presence of spyware.

The Windows Firewall is designed to monitor and control inbound network traffic only. It does not provide outbound traffic protection, intrusion detection and response, or privacy controls -- all critical to securing your computer from outside attacks. Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Internet Security controls all outgoing network traffic. It alerts you to intrusion attempts and automatically blocks all traffic from the attacker. Norton Personal Firewall protects your privacy by filtering confidential information (like phone numbers, credit card numbers, and bank account numbers) and by blocking cookies on a site-to-site basis.
    <end of quote>
    It's as if they were answering your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp service cable [ 1 Answers ]

Good moring everyone! Quick question, I'm still in the process of upgrading to 200 amp service. I've purchaced a panel box and the guy I bought it off said he'll give me the service cable with it. The question I'm trying to find out is, the size wire he is giving me going to work 2/0, 4/0, 6/0...

Community Service [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like...

200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 200 amp,underground residentual service. My ungrounded service leads will be - wire size 4/0. My question is, can I use a smaller size wire for my grounded netural?

100 amp service [ 6 Answers ]

I want to add some circuits to my 100 amp panel on my home. How do I calculate whether I have any room for additional load? I have a subpanel in the studio which is set from a 60 amp breaker on the main panel... Standard size home 2000 sq ft--part of the home has a studio apt. 3 fridges 2...

Best dsl service [ 2 Answers ]

I presently have Direct TV DSL. They are ceasing operations soon and I need to decide on another service. I would like to go with another DSL service, if possilbel, but I would consider going with a cable-broadband system. I am in the Atlanta area. My questions are how good is Bellsouth DSL. ...

View more questions Search