Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironside Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 10:59 PM
    HVAC fan runs constant "Rheem Imperial classic 13"
    My outside HVAC fan runs constant. To prevent more damage I kill power at breaker as needed. The A/c compressor comes on and goes off with the thermostat inside the house. Freezing in the lines is not the problem I am positive of that . I tried replacing the fan relay switch but that was not the problem. When the problem first started the units fan was on for hours and damaged the contact switch so that has also been replaced. It Feels like a sensor croaked somewhere but I am not sure. Any Advice?
    The Heat function went out on the outside unit last winter but the heat strips in the attic still work, I had a tech check it over and he said the defrost chip board was the reason. I did not let him work or replace the part when he would not tell me were to purchase a replacement for myself,
    By the way it is a Rheem Imperial classic 13 from 1989 with no tag to mention any more
    It's a 2 to 2.5 ton split system heating / cooling unit
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
    I would replace the defrost chip board as the tech stated. Without model number of the outdoor unit we cannot find a part for you. I recommend having the technician replace the board if you do not have the means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 plus that will not light. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 plus that will not light. I clean the igniter with a piece of sand paper, but it still won't light. The top light of three won't light up neither. I had water go up about 16 inches up from the bottom of the furnace.

I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 plus that will not light. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 plus that will not light.I clean the igniter and it the furnace still won't light up. I had about 16 inches of water come in from the bottom. The top light of three lights won't come on.

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Rheem Classic 90 plus: "Pressure switch is open" [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Rheem Classic 90 plus. The status indicator LED blinks twice followed by a pause. The manual says it indicates "Pressure switch is open." It doesn't say which pressure switch is open "blocked drain pressure switch" or "main pressure switch". I checked the two small tubes leading...

Rheem HVAC classic 90 that will not light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem HVAC classic 90 that will not light The electronic igniter will not lit the burners I have changed the igniter and still will not work I can light the burners with a match but when it gets to temperature it will not light for the next cycle

View more questions Search