Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taffy96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 05:32 PM
    Normal Goldfish Behavior?
    We bought an oranda goldfish yesterday and it hides in the bottom of the tank behind a castle decoration. It is a ten gallon tank with a filter and a bubble air stone. She (or he) is the only fish in the tank and we have been VERY careful to only feed the fish six flakes per day as instructed by the pet store. Is this normal behavior? The lady at the pet store said if we don't overfeed and don't add any other fish to the tank the fish should be okay, but it just doesn't seem quite right...

Thanks for any help. My seven year old daughter is already in love with the little fish and it would be tough on her if the fish didn't make it.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 05:43 PM
    I can't say for sure without looking at it but chances are, it is doing this because of unfamiliar surroundings. I have had many fish over my life so far and quite often, they will hide for a few days. I have seen goldfish do this as well as Piranha... It is possible that there is something wrong with your fish but even if there is, you can't do anything about it right now. Wait it out and see what happens.

Good luck
    Taffy96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Thanks for your response! Our plan is to wait it out and hope the fish is just getting used to its new home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is normal sexual behavior for a 3 ry old girl? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My 3 yr old daughter has been putting toys in her underware quit a bit lately and Taking off her clothes and once she took off all her clothes when she got into bed, when I asked her why she is doing this she replyed Daddy Takes my underware off but when I say he does she says No....

Goldfish behavior [ 2 Answers ]

My aunt has this huge goldfish. She has gotten 2 snails and a fish that cleans the tank. She put them with the goldfish. The goldfish always messes with the other fish and snails so she had to separate them.

Is this normal or odd behavior? [ 19 Answers ]

One time my boyfriend took my diary and started reading it. I told him to give it back to me, but he walked down my hallway reading it. I tried taking it back from him, but ended up tussling with him trying to get it back. He just laughed and seemed like he was having a good time. After he was...

Is this a normal behavior? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter age 13.5 last night told me that she pierced her second ear hold by herself. Should I be concerned at her behavior? When I asked her why she did it? She said I don't know. I feel so lost as a parent. Have any parent experience this before?

Is this a normal behavior? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 6 months old baby with my husband. We live with my family ( Mom, sister, little brother) My little brother is 1 year old, and before my baby was born, my husband used to get along with him. Now, he doesn't even look at my little brother. And when he looks at him, it seems like he is mad...

View more questions Search