Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinberry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Telephone Jack Has no connection
    I would like to hook my satellite up to a phone jack so I can order movies. I have a phone jack right by my TV but it has no activity going to it. I took the face plate and I have blue, blue/white, green, green/white,brown, brown/white, orange, orange/white wires that are not connected SO WHERE DO THEY ALL GO? Please help!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Try the following: unscrew the faceplate off a different phone jack that you know works, and see how it's wired. Then duplicate that wiring on this jack. It's most likely blue wire to red terminal and blue/white wire to green terminal (only one pair is needed for a typical phone connection - the other leads can be left unconnected). Then plug in a phone set and see if you get dial tone. If you do, then try dialing a number and see if it connects. If this doesn't work post back and we'll have to dig a little further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I split one telephone jack into two [ 3 Answers ]

I want to connect my phone and now an answering machine to the same jack. Is there such a thing as a line splitter

Proper telephone jack wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Please help... I am adding an additional jack. I bought telephone wire that has this configuration: 1) Blue 2) white with blue stripe 3) orange 4) white with orange stripe I have a traditional jack red, green, black etc... How do I hook it up? If it help to answer question: I have...

Telephone Biquit Jack [ 1 Answers ]

The jack is a bisquit jack that has a red, black, green and yellow terminal. The jack is a RJ11 jack but I need to know which termials to use to wire up the phone line. I have the two hot wires from the phone company but I need to know which termials by color to use.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How to rewire a telephone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Have two lines but only one of them has ADSL. Computer is close to jack connected to line without ADSL. How can this jack be rewired for the line with ADSL? Thanks.

Telephone jack not working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I need some help. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and the phone jack in one of the bedrooms does not work. Meaning it has no dial tone. I did some surfing around trying to find out what is going on. My initial suspicion was that the previous tenant had a second line in that room so I was...

View more questions Search