Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rolliesbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Homework
    Why does a business want to keep separate accounts for recording sales of service and sales of goods?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:46 PM
    So they can better analyze how each division of their company is doing.

If I tell you I made $1,000,000 in sales in 2006, that is nice.

But if I break it down further for you and tell you that I made:
    $950,000 in Service Sales
    $50,000 in Goods Sales

Then you can see the bulk of my business is in the service industry and can help a company plan better.
    white horse Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 7, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Chaos industries
    Chaos industry is considering an investment in a fleet of 10 delivery vans to distribute its products to customers. The vans will cost 15,000 yuroo each to buy, payable immediately. The annual running csts are expected to total 20,000 yuroo for eacg van (including driver salary). The vns are expected to operate successfully for six years at the end of which they will all have to be scrapped with disposal proceeds expected to be about 3,000 yuroo per van .At present the business uses acommercial carrier for all of its deliveries. It isexpected that this carrier for all of its deliveries. It is expected that this carrier will charge a total of 230,000 each year for the next six years to undertake the deliveries.

Questions;
    What are the cash flows for this investment?
    What is the payback period for this investment?
    What is the NPV for this investment assuming as 15% opportunity cost of finance ( (i.e.discount rate)?
    What is the internal rate of return for this investment?

Kindly help me in solving this
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2007, 10:49 AM
    A. There was no reason whatsoever for you to add a Disagree comment to CaptainForest answer (which was not even an answer to your question)
    B. stop spamming the thread with the same text, you should have started a new thread with your question
    C. No, we will not do your homework for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homework [ 7 Answers ]

All of the following are examples of the kinds of objects Howard Carter found in King Tut's tomb EXCEPT: A- Caskets B- Gold couches C- Preserved food D- Life sized statues of a king

Help to do my homework [ 5 Answers ]

Which set does each of thees living things fit in to : lobster,butterfly,dog,human,fir tree,daffodil,primrose?

Homework Help [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about solving the following problems: Use laws of exponents to simplify: 5^3/5 * 5^5/10 Multiply (w-g) (w+g) (w^2-g^2)

Homework help [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out with this journal entry please.. Please calculate the proper amount for each adjusting entry as of 12/31/2005 and write the correct journal entry for each of the scenarios shown below for Smith and Waters, Inc. Payroll pay period is calculated on a Thursday to...

View more questions Search