Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaymin.nayak Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 01:33 AM
    Current carrying capacity
    I want to know that I have been seen that on PVC cable it is for 70'c & on RUBBER cable it is for 90'c. I don't know why it has been written on the cable if the current carrying capacity of PVC is more... And Please tell me that What is the advantage of RUBBER insulated cable over PVC insulated cable?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
    The cable "Type" dictates its use.

For example, rubberized cable may be suitable for a chemical environment while the PCV would not be because it would dissolve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 ampere current carrying capacity cable sizes [ 0 Answers ]

What size of cable is ideal for 200 amperes current

Current capacity of cold wires. [ 16 Answers ]

Someone asked this before, it wasn't answered, and I am curious. Hypothetical question, you are in Anartica where cold can be extreme, There are no inspectors or code to deal with, But need to power Mining equipment How much current could a #2 wire handle at 0 Degrees, Freezing. And how much...

Current capacity of transformer [ 2 Answers ]

If I have got a 3 phase 750 KVA tranformer of 6.6KV / 380 V , what is the max output current capacity per phase. How is it calculated.

Carrying Cost of Current Assets [ 2 Answers ]

When financial managers take action to minimize the carrying costs of current assets, they A. are likely to maximize profits B. also consider spoilage costs C. may increase costs due to shortages D. engage in the matching of maturities

View more questions Search