Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammnace Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Why are my goldfish dying
    Every time I get a goldfish they just all die in the same night that I bring them home. I don't use tap water and I keep them in a bubble gum tank thing if you have ever seen one of them. But anyway please help me I want to keep a goldfish so bad but I'm doing something wrong so please answer asap... Thank you
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Oct 16, 2011, 09:17 PM
    Hi sommenace,
    I notice you asked about this same problem recently, but got no answers. As I recall from the other question, you are putting your fish in a smallish, drum shaped fish tank, like a traditional small tank? And, instead of tap water, you have used water out of the dehumidifier? Presumably, since that is condensate, you have thought it was more pure water than tap. Unfortunately, even if it is condensate, it has picked up some unclean materials in the process, which I suspect is killing whatever fish you put in there.
    Bettas are different. You see them in small bowl containers, one to a bowl. They can live there because they have the ability to breath directly from air, and other fish get their air out of the dissolved oxygen in their water.
    First thing I suggest is either use tap water after treating it with a chlorine removing product from the fish store, or use bottled water that has been distilled and is much safer than what you have been using. It is readily available in gallon jugs. Your fish should do better, at least live longer than a day. Without providing some method to filter water to remove the fishes waste and toxic material that builds up in a container, you will have troubles with your fish, only a little later than you have been.
    You still have some research to do yet. Ask someone at the pet store for some basic material you should read before going farther with your aquarium adventures.
    I hope this is helpful. Best wishes.
    sammnace Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Thank you so much when I saw your answer on my wall I was super excited to find more aadvice so hopefully it works thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do my goldfish keep dying the same night [ 0 Answers ]

Ok well for starters I'm only 13 years old. I know that its pretty easy for me to be doing something wrong but the problem is I just don't know what. Yes, yes I have done my research don't worry I don't use tap water I use the water from the dehumidifyer... If that's spelled right. Anyway I know...

My goldfish keep dying [ 3 Answers ]

A week ago I bought 3 goldfish, 2 gold and one black. 2 days later one gold one died, I replaced it and then the next night the black one died, so agan I replaced it and the third one died. Today I was left with 2 one gold and one black and I have just lost the gold one. I do not understand why...

Dying goldfish [ 9 Answers ]

I have had my goldfish for about 6 years but for the past month he has not been able to get off the bottom of the tank he isn't eating anything and is just starving to death. Does anybody no of a painless way of killing my goldfish as I have read about various methods and don't like the sound of...

All my goldfish are dying, and nothing I do is helping! [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to keep this short and sweet, but it didn't really work. We had a goldfish about a year, along with some sort of algae-eater. Everything was fine until we purchased three more goldies (the black/orange ones). After about a week, we noticed them laying around more, then the problems...

View more questions Search